Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: DSP plugin (Read 4520 times) previous topic - next topic

DSP plugin

Guys:

I know, I know... DSP plugins are bad, they mess up dithering in MAD, also they don't work properly on 24 or 32 bit output, but I just want your opinion on this one... so far I've been very happy with it... might have something to do that I'm just 3 months old regarding quality in audio compression...

http://www.geocities.com/i_adryan/file/dsp_enh.zip

Oh, almost forgot.... the file is virus free...

DSP plugin

Reply #1
Hey lucpes, DSP aren't all that bad, I managed to download the one you mentioned and it doesn't at all sound that bad. But the best so far I have personally used was the one made by QSound, the program was called QMax, it was a VXD that hooked onto the mmsystem and played every sound thru the DSP then re ouputted it back thru mmsystem. I mainly use it for "Counter-Strike" as it makes the footsteps much more clearer and thus easier to detect  and it also make bass and trable sound richer, but then again this type of measurement is subjective.

BTW: What is meant by "dry signal"?

Cheers

AgentMil
-=MusePack... Living Audio Compression=-

Honda - The Power of Dreams

DSP plugin

Reply #2
dry signal

Don't know for sure... didn't wrote it myself... but it seems increase or decrease  medium-range frequencies...

It sounded good for me too, so that's why I asked people that hang around here to tell me what's their opinion...

DSP plugin

Reply #3
Hmm, dry signal did have the same effect for me as well, but I must say this DSP enhancer can pretty much make MP3s sound pretty f**ked up if you play around with it . Have you used the SRS Wow Thing DSP plugin?

AgentMil

DSP plugin

Reply #4
From top to bottom use:

5, 2, 5, 2, 5, 9, 4, 2, 1, 5 & Boost Enabled. Just don't be like a friend of mine who has just min or max in mind when it comes to audio controls, and don't go over 5 in volume...

That should take care of all... BTW... if you have lots of -js encoded mp3s just disable Ambience... but I listen just to mpcs lately so that's not a problem for me...

SRS sucks big time... sorry for the language...

DSP plugin

Reply #5
Thanks lucpes for the settings makes it sound much better!! Here have a go with this DSP I downloaded a while back from WinAmp's website. Its called the "enhancer!" here is the direct link http://winamp.com/components/download_comp...mponentid=11318. If that does not work PM me and I will fix up the link/url. So far the enchancer DSP makes it easier to modify the sound without touching the EQ (which makes me happy cause I am such a slack bastard when it comes to fiddling around with EQs). Yes the SRS plugin kinda sucked, but I thought it was just me, its good to hear that someone else thinks the same .

Cheers

AgentMil

DSP plugin

Reply #6
I wouldn't touch winamp's default eq... kills higher frequencies (not that I hear that but that's known)... better to leave it disabled...

DSP plugin

Reply #7
Dry signal refers to the original, unmodified sound that would come through if you didn't use the enhancer.  If you want to hear exactly what sounds the enhancer is adding, just turn the dry signal down all the way.  Alternately, keeping the dry signal at max and putting all the other sliders at zero (off) gives you the same sound you'd hear without the enhancer.
God kills a kitten every time you encode with CBR 320

DSP plugin

Reply #8
I can't control any of the sliders!!!???  :confused:

Jan.