Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: foo_openurl (Read 24048 times) previous topic - next topic

foo_openurl

This little component adds a context menu item to open URLs from metadata fields in a web browser.  The context menu items appear only if there is at least one URL for the selected track.  For security reasons, only http:// and https:// are supported.

I have a few playlists with online radio stations, I use this component with them.

Changes in v2:
  • Added a menu item that lists all URLs found in metadata fields (off by default).
  • "Open URL" command works with other common fields besides "URL".
Version: 2; 2007-08-05
Download: [attachment=3549:attachment]

foo_openurl

Reply #1
Nice plugin. Thanks!
If age or weaknes doe prohibyte bloudletting you must use boxing

foo_openurl

Reply #2
How is this different from using foo_run to pass the URL to the default browser? What advantages does this plugin have in that regard?

foo_openurl

Reply #3
How is this different from using foo_run to pass the URL to the default browser? What advantages does this plugin have in that regard?

At the moment (version 1), it has no advantages. (I did not know about foo_run before.) One difference is that the foo_openurl menu item is not shown if there is no URL tag. On the other hand, foo_run is very configurable.

foo_openurl

Reply #4
How is this different from using foo_run to pass the URL to the default browser?

Okay, now ver. 2 can list all URLs that it finds in a submenu.

foo_openurl

Reply #5
Has this component ever been updated for fb2k v1.1 or later?
If not, perhaps the creator is willing to release the source code so someone else can update it?
Thanks.

Re: foo_openurl

Reply #6
If not, perhaps the creator is willing to release the source code so someone else can update it?
Thanks.
Ver 2 (August 2007) still works OK. No need for new versions.

Foobar2000 1.3.15
Win 7 x64

Reply #7
Thanks.

Foobar2000 1.3.15
Win 7 x64

Not working on 1.3.17

Installed and reinstalled but nothing like a menu with URL shows.
Yes, the avatar it is the cover of «The City» by Vangelis.

Reply #8
Thanks.

Foobar2000 1.3.15
Win 7 x64

Not working on 1.3.17

Installed and reinstalled but nothing like a menu with URL shows.

I have found that in order to this plugin "whatever name has" to work properly you need to embed the URL in the field URL and I was doing it in a field created by me with another name. I just used URL and the Open with appeared in the context menu. Ty.

EDIT: I was thinking that maybe you could add that feature? To customize the name of the field where we paste the URL.
Yes, the avatar it is the cover of «The City» by Vangelis.