Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Playback Statistics - Import Statistics not working (Read 2109 times) previous topic - next topic

Playback Statistics - Import Statistics not working

Hi All,

I transferred my music library to a new computer so I'm trying to recreate my old setup.

Previously I was running Foobar 1.3.6 and had all of my library on the D: drive.

Now I have Foobar 1.3.13 and all my music on the G: drive.

After I copied everything over and it shows up ok in Foobar, but when I tried to import statistics using foo_playcount 3.0.1 I lost a ton of metadata. Hundreds of files show up as Added Today and have a play count of 0 even though I know it has been played.

This is odd because all the files and folder structure is the same as when the export statistics was performed.

One thing notable is that most of the files that failed either had no set title or <no artist> (but not all of them). Could this have caused the export to fail?

Re: Playback Statistics - Import Statistics not working

Reply #1
I can't help you but I can confirm from my single user flawed  ;)  experience. I changed disks twice and importing statistics from .xml didn't exactly work. Unscientific assumptions (memory) from those changes:
A. you export statistics, you change some tag - it doesn't work
B. you change paths - same.

An example for A, you have a file with artist Neily Young and Crazy Horse, you backup stats (whole library) and files, change the artist to Neil Young stats are preserved but if you import library stats (same file new disk) stats for Neily Young and Crazy Horse are 0. Change it to Neil Young - still 0. I'm not re-checking those theories though.

Backup of the whole foobar options - app data - roaming - folder (live and learn) worked but not entirely. Interestingly since the playlists are preserved, I mean normal playlist with no files, although empty the stats are there and can be copied manually for tracks.

Reply #2
Luckily I have a backup of my old %APP DATA% folder so I might be able to recover it. Will see what I can find out this afternoon...

Reply #3
Well, I finally had some time to play around with this and I found that by replicating my directory structure EXACTLY (ie. put everything back on the D: drive, which was a pain in the butt), I was able to get 99.9% of my metadata added (I think there was only 1 album where it didn't work).

So let that be a lesson for anyone planning on transferring metadata. You can either properly label with a track title and artist or you can move the files around, but not both!