Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Burning FLAC files to DVD disc (DVD Audio) (Read 6285 times) previous topic - next topic

Burning FLAC files to DVD disc (DVD Audio)

Hi all,
First timer here on this forum.
I'm trying to locate a software program that will enable FLAC audio files to be burned to a DVD disc. Many years ago I used a great piece of software called Audio DVD Creator by a company called Goland. It enabled the burning of live concert FLAC recordings (which would typically span two or sometimes three CD's) to be burned on single DVD disc. The icing on the cake was that the burning was gap-less - so there were no split second gaps between tracks, which for live recordings is extremely annoying.
It's a few years since I've used it and now unfortunately, the programme is no longer supported or updated. When trying to run the last version on Windows 7 I'm encountering error messages like the one attached (e.g. failed to load the CDwriterpro burning engine) and sometimes the programme just crashes mid-burn.
I have trawled the net the last few days but it seems that what may have been similar programmes are also now obsolete, Would anyone out there know of any current programmes that could do what I've described above?
Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
Joe

Re: Burning FLAC files to DVD disc (DVD Audio)

Reply #1
CDBurnerXP might work.

Reply #4
well what can I say...no joke, for about 12 months on and off, I've been struggling with the gapless problem on burning live dvd's. ...but tonight it's finally been solved thanks to  Apesbrain, korth and .halverhahn. I went with the lplex option and after some apprehension over it's design I finally got an iso file and burned it using the cdburnerxp. The three step process to convert to wave (couldn't figure out what flac lpcm meant on the lplex window!!), create the iso and then burn it, takes a bit more time that my old programme - but beggars can't be choosers, so again ....Thank you thank you thank you - I'll be forever in your debt.

Reply #5
hi
back again - its been a few months since I finally managed to create a gapless dvd as per above.
Now I'm back trying to continue with the lplex program, but I'm getting a message 'ERR No files to process' when I open up the program.
When I drag files over to lplex nothing seems to happen. It's made me think that I've forgotten the sequence of events needed. As I recall I first converted the Flac files to wav using foobar. I then dragged those wav files to lplex and it created an iso file. I then burned the iso file to a dvd disc with cdburnerxp. Is this sequence correct. I just cant figure out why lplex isnt responding when I drag  the wav files over to it. I've deleted and re-installed lplex but I cant seem to get over this obstacle. Would anyone have any suggestions as to what I may be doing wrong?
Thanks

Reply #7
Hi
Thanks for your reply. I've checked the audio properties of the files and they are fine - see attached. I've even tried dragging over files that I know would not acceptable to lplex and nothing happens - not even a rejection message. Files are dragged over and nothing happens. Also, I don't recall ever seeing the 'ERR - no files to process' message before (also attached)- but I could be mistaken. I'm really baffled as these files worked fine back in March but no lplex wont repond to them....any other ideas as to what may be going wrong?
J

Reply #8
You can drag-n-drop folder with audio files directly to lplex.exe.
Also, FLAC is even more preferable to use than wav
Quote from manual
Lplex may reject some non-canonical wav files (wav files with extra chunks of non-audio data). In this case try converting to flac prior to authoring with lplex, as flac's support for variants of wav is much more robust.
And, it will be very useful to read manual
http://audioplex.sourceforge.net/

Reply #9
thanks Rollin...I've had a good read of the guidelines and manual, and I'm convinced that the files are okay. I've tried various FLAC  as well as WAV  - even the same files that worked fine back in March. Is the text in the lplex screenshot that I posted previously, the usual screen that pops up when opening the program? Thanks

Reply #10
Haven't used lplex in a while and just tried it.  Worked fine here.  Probably first time I've run it under Win 10.  Maybe has something to do with your file name/location?  Temporarily copy files into lplex folder and run from there.

Reply #11
Is the text in the lplex screenshot that I posted previously, the usual screen that pops up when opening the program?
Yes. Because just running lplex.exe is meaningless. You need to run it with some parameters.
Run cmd.exe. Then type there something like this (replace paths with you actual paths):
Code: [Select]
"c:\1\lplex.exe" --video=ntsc --create=dvd "c:\folder with audio files"
Then press Enter on the keyboard.

Reply #12
....thanks for your help guys -but nothing seems to work...cant understand it as I dont think I'm doing anything different that months ago. I'm not sure if I followed your cmd.exe instructions correctly Rollin. I've downloaded it again and followed all instructions, and all the values in the ini file appear in order, but nothing happens when I drag any compliant file over!!

Reply #13
hello again - well I managed to overcome the issue I was having above...many thanks to all for help and input....but I have a new problem now!! :)
I'm successfully getting lplex to create an .iso file but for some reason, when playing back the iso file, there is white noise for about half a second between each of the tracks. I'm using 16 bit and 48 Khz settings on my wav files and lplex is accepting them all fine, but the output is as above....I've tried some different settings but get the same result every time, regardless of whether the original files are mp3, flac or wav. Really stumped again ....any ideas what might be causing this?

Reply #14
problem solved...I think.
The only difference between the tracks that worked for me back in march and the ones that didnt work now, were that there was id tags on the current tracks, but not on my march tracks.
So, I found a solution by first converting to wav 16 bit 48 KHz using dbPoweramp and then taking the converted files through foobar, and selecting the option to not include id tags/pictures. This second batch of converted files were dragged to iplex to make the .iso file, which no longer included the white noise mentioned above. I found it neccessary to use both dbPoweramp and Foobar because I couldnt see an option in dpPowerAmp to remove the tags, nor could I see an option to select 48Khz or 96Khz within foobar (just an option for 16/24 bit on the wav), but combining the facilities in both applications allowed me resolve the issue. So it seems the ID tags were the culprit with this latest issue. It's really handy because I can now burn a single DVD disc with all the audio files from, say, the complete deluxe box set of REMs Automatic For The People (which includes studio and live tracks) and it plays back with no gaps at all.

.....Or maybe I just got lucky!  :) Has anyone here ever come to this conclusion about the ID tags previously?