Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: sort by last.fm popularity (Read 1973 times) previous topic - next topic

sort by last.fm popularity

hi, long time foobar user, first time poster.

i want to be able to sort tracks from the same artist by their last.fm popularity. i know the Soft Playlists component can create a new playlist with all tracks in your library by a particluar artist sorted by most plays but that's not what i want. i want to select a bunch of tracks by one artist in a playlist that includes tracks by other artists, and have them rearranged in the playlist, sorted by most played. i know the foo_scrobblecharts component did this but it doesn't appear to work for versions past v0.9.

alternatively, is there a way i can get a track's number of last.fm plays in the last 6 months (plays by everyone, not just me) and save it in a file's metadata as a tag? it doesn't matter that these numbers would go out of date pretty quickly. i just want a tag i can use as an indicator of a track's popularity so i can sort by it.

can anyone suggest a way to do either of these? cheers.

edit: feel free to move this post if it's in the wrong section.

Reply #1
alternatively, is there any way to make v0.9 components work with v1.1?

Reply #2
no one has any ideas?

Reply #4
causes my foobar to crash upon playlist generation (foobar v1.1.11)