Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Removing Vocals to Get Instrumental. High Quality? (Read 1250 times) previous topic - next topic

Removing Vocals to Get Instrumental. High Quality?

How do i remove the vocals from this audio file and sitll have a very high quality instrumental? 8)  8)  8)  plz and ty! Can anyone do it fast haha XD

[attachment removed by moderator]

Re: Removing Vocals to Get Instrumental. High Quality?

Reply #1
I assume you tried a vocal removal effect?   It's a gimmick.  It almost never gives you professional sounding results.

Vocal removal works by subtracting left from right which CAN perfectly-remove ALL perfectly-centered vocals and it removes EVERYTHING else in the phantom center too (whatever is identical in both channels).    Except you can filter to keep the centered bass and highest frequencies.

And of course you can edit the left & right channels separately.

"You can't un-bake a cake or un-fry an egg and you can't un-mix audio."   That's the whole point of multitrack recording - Each vocal can be separately adjusted, processed, or re-recorded before mixing.

Re: Removing Vocals to Get Instrumental. High Quality?

Reply #2
that is correct lol. i tried vocal removal ehhhh a couple tweaks and it wasnt half bad. but still nothing studio worthy.