Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: QAAC without Itunes and Foobar2k questions (Read 3914 times) previous topic - next topic

QAAC without Itunes and Foobar2k questions

1 - It's possible QAAC without Itunes ? I'm using Foobar2k for converter

2 - VBR Q 91 (192 kbps) it's better than MP3 192 v2 ?

3 - Foobar2k Free Encoder Pack it's really necessary or just copy/paste QTFILES/QAAC.exe on encoders folder is enough ?

Re: QAAC without Itunes and Foobar2k questions

Reply #1

3 - Foobar2k Free Encoder Pack it's really necessary or just copy/paste QTFILES/QAAC.exe on encoders folder is enough ?

1. Yes, but you need to extract dll from the installer of itunes.
There is a makeportable batch on the QAAC site.
with the same path of itunesInstaller.exe. excute the bath would extract the necessary  DLLs.

2.AAC is generally considered to be more efficient than mp3. If you don't trust that just make some of anchor then AB TEST by yourself.

3. Foobar2k Free Encoder Pack collects usefull encoder just for convenience. You can always put the encoder you prefer to use. For me I always use the 64bit-QAAC for higher performance.

Re: QAAC without Itunes and Foobar2k questions

Reply #2

1. Yes, but you need to extract dll from the installer of itunes.
There is a makeportable batch on the QAAC site.
with the same path of itunesInstaller.exe. excute the bath would extract the necessary  DLLs.

2.AAC is generally considered to be more efficient than mp3. If you don't trust that just make some of anchor then AB TEST by yourself.

3. Foobar2k Free Encoder Pack collects usefull encoder just for convenience. You can always put the encoder you prefer to use. For me I always use the 64bit-QAAC for higher performance.

Thanks

I just download QTFILES from https://github.com/AnimMouse/QTFiles It's the same thing as extracting them from Itunes.exe using "makeportable" ?

image hosting service

I just converted a song to AAC, even on HD681 the improvement is great