Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: dsp that lets user specify start/end time? (Read 2900 times) previous topic - next topic

dsp that lets user specify start/end time?

On albums that end with hidden tracks, there is often a long gap of silence until the hidden track begins.
Unfortunately this can make the track 20 or 30 minutes long.. and navigating around the silence is not so fun.

Is there any way to split these (lossless) files up [maybe using a DSP to specify start/end time in converter]?

Reply #1
foobar2000 has its own DSP for this.

Go to Preferences / Playback / DSP Manager and add from the list of available DSPs "Skip Silence".

For playback this should be enough.
This is HA. Not the Jerry Springer Show.

Reply #2
Is there any way to split these (lossless) files up [maybe using a DSP to specify start/end time in converter]?

I forgot to mention:

In the Converter Setup you can also add the Skip Silence DSP (tab "Processing").
This is HA. Not the Jerry Springer Show.

Reply #3
Yes, "Skip silence" is a nice plugin when you want to remove silence, but what if you want to remove lame interludes appended/prepended to tracks? These work nicely when you play an entire album, but are just out of place in random-play. I wish there was a DSP that could read tags defining start/end time and eventually a fadein/out spec.
Can't wait for a HD-AAC encoder :P

Reply #4
Thanks for the replies, but let me make myself more clear.  The track looks like this:

[Music] [-----------------------SILENCE----------------------------] [More music]

I want to see if there's a way to cut that silence out and split it into two tracks.

edit: solved my own problem. i converted to WAV, made a cue sheet to split up the track and then converted back.. works like a charm!