Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: how can I passthrough to my external DAC (Read 1819 times) previous topic - next topic

how can I passthrough to my external DAC

In my understand, I need to install ASIO or WASAPI, and I did, I also try to select DSD: ASIO: iFi(by AMR) HD USB audio (my DAC ) but the signal in DAC is not correct as HQplayer (I tried the trial version) when I play some DSD file (.dsf). Any help pls?
Sorry my Eng
thanks

Re: how can I passthrough to my external DAC

Reply #1
You need to use foo_input_sacd to actually output real DSD, but at the same time, lose all the other functionality that comes from processing as PCM: visualizations, DSPs.

Reply #2
You need to use foo_input_sacd to actually output real DSD, but at the same time, lose all the other functionality that comes from processing as PCM: visualizations, DSPs.
thanks for your respond, I will try today

Reply #3
I tried foo_input_sacd. however when I play a flac with 10532kbps/352800Hz, I only get 96kHz in ifi iDac2. meanwhile, if I use HQplayer I will get the correct output in DAC. I dont know why. what do you think?