Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: mpc quality analyzer & EAC (Read 5252 times) previous topic - next topic

mpc quality analyzer & EAC

Got some more questions for ya...

I'm currently using mpc 1.16 and EAC .99 prebeta 3 with AccurateRip.

I'm wondering if there is a way to have EAC work like this with MPC and AccurateRip.
also, please forgive me if the order doesn't make sense... just work with me ;^)

Insert CD
Grabs freedb nfo

*Analyze the CD for a MPC Quality Level that has the most quality/compression
---I ask this because I keep reading that some tracks are more complex sometimes requiring higher than 5.

*Apply the quality levels found

Burst Rip cd
Check AccurateRip for confidence

*For tracks not confident, Re-Rip in Secure Mode

*Check for confidence

*Include a log that covers the whole process.

I'm wondering if the community know if this is possible if EAC plugins/command line para AND/OR if there are 3rd party programs to do that?

Hope I ya'll followed, if not please ask me.

Thanks

PS: In Foobar for the Codec Profile it says:

Codec Profile : Musepack 'Extreme' (when I set quality 6)

I want:

Codec Profile : Musepack 'Q6" or "Quality 6)

Anyone have an idea?

Reply #1
I am sure there is no auto-quality detector ! This is what a good vbr psymodel already does..BTW - Don't believe what you read that MPC needs more than Q6 'Xtreme' because you will not find even a small collection of samples that people can easily tell apart.

To change foobar profile I think you will need to modify the decoder.

Reply #2
<kidding mode on>

I have a button on the bottom left part of my screen that says "Start". I want it to say "I'm the F*kng boss".

</kidding mode off>

There's a difference between changing an option and coding an action. MPC was coded to be "quality 6 -> preset extreme", and the decoder made for foobar to play mpc's followed this.

If you want to ask the plugin coder to have that, either hardcoded (doubt it), by a setting in the configuration, or by showing both.... It's up to him.

Reply #3
no you'll just have to modify the code that detects the profile used and the text it displays after detection. it is located in the header.