Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Hiding the title bar of the main window (Read 4435 times) previous topic - next topic

Hiding the title bar of the main window

I use Foobar as it is the best (lossless) audioplayer. I have the simplest layout of a playlist using columns-ui (no artwork whatsoever) and it works like a charm. There is one thing I want but so far no succes:

-- remove the toolbar on the top of the screen (with the close/minimise/maximise buttons) -- or just remove those "awfull" buttons!
The "alt F4" command should still work.

I've tried a lot of things, the old panels-ui works but I need to use an old version of Foobar and I don't want that. The program Hotkey works but it gives a conflict with another program I use (CMP Memoryplayer).
I looked in the SDK to find a solution but it is too difficult for me as my programming skills are not very good.

Does anyone have an idea how to remove the toobar and get Foobar fullscreen?

Reply #1
The SDK does not expose any API to disable the title bar of the user interface.
This can only be implemented by the author of the respective UI component.

(Note that modifying windows owned by other components is prohibited by the SDK license.)

Reply #2
(Note that modifying windows owned by other components is prohibited by the SDK license.)
[/quote]

OK, I did not know that! Sorry.....

Reply #3
...There is one thing I want but so far no succes:

-- remove the toolbar on the top of the screen (with the close/minimise/maximise buttons) -- or just remove those "awfull" buttons!
The "alt F4" command should still work...
Does anyone have an idea how to remove the toobar and get Foobar fullscreen?

hello there -
  i have the same aversion to the windows toolbar with the (agreed) 'awful' min/max/close buttons.  i used hotkey for a while too - but it can be a pain and cause conflicts as you mentioned.  the best workaround i found is the dockable panels component.  it's old at this point but still works just fine, and by selecting "hide titlebar" from the dialog popup you can do just that.  selecting "hide when collapsed," you can minimize the window by double clicking on the (nice and thin) windows border.  if you can't find the .dll let me know and i'll post it here.
i'er heights