Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Nero 5.5.9.14 Available (Read 4539 times) previous topic - next topic

Nero 5.5.9.14 Available

Download: ftp://ftp.us2.nero.com/Nero55914.exe

[span style='font-size:9pt;line-height:100%']Changes From Nero 5.5.9.9 to 5.5.9.14

Bug Fixes:
Full-O-Meter shows the correct size for DVD-R/RW and DVD-RAM 
Only Disc-at-once is visible in the recorder settings for DAO/96-only-recorders 
Files cannot be dropped to the main window any more while a modal dialog box is open   
Resized edit fields on New compilation -> date-tab 
Disable multisession for DVD-Video compilations 
Fixed a problem in the save track dialog, which occurred hile trying to jump to an index positions within an audio track 
New message if you drop an invalid file in a VCD or SVCD compilation 
Added the possibility to continue burning even when the compliance test of DVD-Video files fails 
Fixed issue with verify and DAO/96 on some drives 
NeroExpress: allow only one copy of Multi Session-Compilations 
Nero Express: Fixed rare Unexpected Errors at the beginning of the burn process with some drives 
Nero Express: WMA plug-in shows different messages for corrupted, wrong or copyright protected files 

New:
Added several new recorders 
If possible, Image-Compilations now allow to change the compilation type (DVD,CD, ...) 
Added multisession support for bootable discs (note: track linking is only possible with non-bootable multisession discs)[/span]

Nero 5.5.9.14 Available

Reply #1
Hmm, i thought one of the rules is that news about non-free programs will not be posted on the main page. Maybe something's changed, gonna check . (or maybe i just got it all wrong)

Nero 5.5.9.14 Available

Reply #2
It comes bundled with a lot of CD-RW drives and updates are free, at least they have been for me.

Nero 5.5.9.14 Available

Reply #3
Hmm right, didn't think about that. It came bundled with my Yamaha 3200E burner.

Nero 5.5.9.14 Available

Reply #4
Nero sucks - sorry but - it does.
It came with my 24x LiteOn burner, but until aHead starts supporting OGG Vorbis in Nero - I will stick to Ashampoo Media Player w/ BurnIT add-on...

Nero 5.5.9.14 Available

Reply #5
Nero sucks just because it doesn't currently support Ogg Vorbis??
.. It most probably will in the future.
Anyway, Nero is one of, if not the finest CD burning software in the world.
It's simply excelent, I LOVE it.

Nero 5.5.9.14 Available

Reply #6
...wondering if anything like:
dd if=my_own_image.iso of=/dev/hdd
...would do it that fine... (never tried, but if it does, that is the best cd-burner i could dream off )

Nero 5.5.9.14 Available

Reply #7
Nero sucks - sorry but - it does.
It came with my 24x LiteOn burner, but until aHead starts supporting OGG Vorbis in Nero - I will stick to Ashampoo Media Player w/ BurnIT add-on...

???

Seems a lame, lame reason to me. Just because it doesn't supports _one_ feature (that can be easily circumvented, btw, decoding to wave first), it "sucks"?

IMO, Nero is a great CD burner (although my favorite one is NTI CD maker - no Vorbis support there either), and can't be considered "sucking" just because it doesn't support vorbis.

Nero 5.5.9.14 Available

Reply #8
Hmm, i thought one of the rules is that news about non-free programs will not be posted on the main page. Maybe something's changed, gonna check . (or maybe i just got it all wrong)

It's a bit different with major well known softwares which many people use already..

Otherwise we favor free software in the news page. In other forums of course any software talk is allowed (except warez).
Juha Laaksonheimo

Nero 5.5.9.14 Available

Reply #9
Nero is indeed a nice burning program, but there are better ones.  NTI CD-Maker is one of them, and so is Stomp's RecordNow Max.  DiscJuggler is good too but not very user friendly. 

Nero 5.5.9.14 Available

Reply #10
Ashampoo software isn't exactly top notch either...
\"The R.I.A.A. is out there\"

Nero 5.5.9.14 Available

Reply #11
unicode filenames still broken prolly (it was 5.5.9.9 last time i checked). if you use winnt/2k/xp/whatever, and have non-ANSI characters in filenames (eg. polish or russian), you have to run around your to-be-burnt directories and rename everything, otherwise nero wont open your files at all. (i use winxp's builtin burning instead - its as slow as shit, but it's very reliable at least).
support for burning cd images isnt exactly the best, they're nowhere close to clonecd, breaking most of pc game cd images containing copy protection, but that prolly cant be helped (though as far as i remember, all playstation discs i burnt in nero were OK, so its not that bad).
i say: nero "sucks". unfortunately it's the best.
Microsoft Windows: We can't script here, this is bat country.

Nero 5.5.9.14 Available

Reply #12
I was burning some cd`s with Nero 5.5.9.9 that has polish characters and no problems (win2k)

Nero 5.5.9.14 Available

Reply #13
probably because you use win2k with regional stuff set to polish (while i dont). try russian characters instead and you will see what i mean.
Microsoft Windows: We can't script here, this is bat country.

Nero 5.5.9.14 Available

Reply #14
i believe you and don`t want to try

Nero 5.5.9.14 Available

Reply #15

It's a bit different with major well known softwares which many people use already..

Otherwise we favor free software in the news page. In other forums of course any software talk is allowed (except warez).

I think what Johnny means is the news section isn’t for advertising, promoting your $hareware.