Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Oggenc2 (Read 4499 times) previous topic - next topic

Oggenc2

I have just uploaded oggenc2 to Mirror 1, below.

oggenc2 permits the direct input of lossless encoded files in a number of different formats. Currently, you may specify the following file types as input:

FLAC = '.flac', MONKEYS = '.ape', WAVPACK = '.wv', LPAC = '.pac', and OPTIMFROG = '.ofr'.

In order for this to function correctly, the relevant encoder/decoder (i.e, flac.exe, etc) needs to be in the same dir/folder as oggenc2, or within the specified path.

I have tested all these successfully, but if there are any problems, please let me know. Also, if anyone would like any other lossless encoder/decoder added please let me know and I'll look at the possibility.

Oggenc2

Reply #1
fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck yeah!

Oggenc2

Reply #2
I just added Shorten V3.4 support. I've also added a bundle of all the latest command line versions of the codecs required for this to work. They are available at Mirror 1, below. This version of Shorten is an ICL compile and although it does not achieve the best compression, it is blindingly fast.

Oggenc2

Reply #3
Any plans to put this on OggDropXPd?

btw, you're my hero!

Oggenc2

Reply #4
Hi John. Thanks for the WavPack support!

BTW, I also downloaded that splitter program but have been too swamped to try it out, but thanks for making it! I'm sure I'll have some feedback soon.

Oggenc2

Reply #5
@verloren:

I plan on looking at adding all this to oggdropXPd over the weekend, if all goes well!! 

@bryant:

David, you're welcome! I had a bit of fun producing the splitter program, it would be interesting to know if anyone finds it useful!!

Oggenc2

Reply #6
Does the Monkey's Audio support include APL files as well?

Oggenc2

Reply #7
Does the Monkey's Audio support include APL files as well?

No, it simply provides the means to encode 'directly' from .ape files.

Oggenc2

Reply #8
oggenc2 owns.

It would be really cool if you could eventually translate tags automatically. Wouldn't be a nessecary thing, but would be a great additional feature. Like translate APE tags to Vorbis, and then all the different FLAC tags. It would require a lot of work, but would be an awesome feature.

Oggenc2

Reply #9
It would be really cool if you could eventually translate tags automatically. Wouldn't be a nessecary thing, but would be a great additional feature. Like translate APE tags to Vorbis, and then all the different FLAC tags. It would require a lot of work, but would be an awesome feature.

Going FLAC->Vorbis, all that is necessary is to copy the vorbis comments, as described here: http://www.audio-illumination.org/forums/i...t=ST&f=8&t=3298

Josh