Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: aucdtect (Read 36942 times) previous topic - next topic

aucdtect

Reply #25
wait, can this detect transcodes?

aucdtect

Reply #26
wait, can this detect transcodes?

If you transcoded A to B and the program detected A as "a decoded MP3" to begin with (which it currently does extremely well for me), it will most certainly detect B as decoded as well.

EDIT: but not transcodes as in "looks like the file you've given me was first encoded to Musepack and then converted to MP3"; it will just give you the usual "this track looks like a decoded MP3"

aucdtect

Reply #27
Could source code be made available? A foobar plugin would be very useful IMO to check bootlegs. Saves time not having to decode.

aucdtect

Reply #28
Could source code be made available? A foobar plugin would be very useful IMO to check bootlegs. Saves time not having to decode.

100% agreed! Foo plugin will be great! But as far as i understand you may not need source code for making this plugin - it can work with binary, like CLI encoder, and show log somewhere in separate window or in console

aucdtect

Reply #29
Any chance seeing binary for OS X [or source btw]? That way I could bring my laptop, extract a track from someone's cd and test it out before purchasing the said cd from that person!
If you dont have any mac to compile it well I don't know if I can really help...

aucdtect

Reply #30
Any chance seeing binary for OS X [or source btw]?

mat128,
We plan to support Macs, but might be to the end of this year, when we will have enought financials to buy a mac  . For now we support only INTELs.
About source code - unfortunately, we do not open the source code of this software 
Best Regards,
Oleg Berngardt,
auCDtect developer.

aucdtect

Reply #32
Bern:

Would it be helpful to you to get some minidisc and digital FM results?  Some friends and  I are getting very high probability MPEG results on some known minidisc recordings.  If auC is analyzing spectral characteristics, is there any way to refine its recognition of MD/FM compression vs. source MP3 compression?

aucdtect

Reply #33
Bern:

Would it be helpful to you to get some minidisc and digital FM results?  Some friends and  I are getting very high probability MPEG results on some known minidisc recordings.  If auC is analyzing spectral characteristics, is there any way to refine its recognition of MD/FM compression vs. source MP3 compression?
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=227689"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

We are planning to detect more accurately some other lossy audio formats (say, OGG) ,
but for now we do not have FM or minidiscs tests in our plans.

Thank you very much for idea and help,
Best Regards,
Oleg.

aucdtect

Reply #34

Seems like a great program aucdtect. Is this project still active? I was looking for a program that could detect transcodes.