Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Number of topics at the "Recent Topics" window in the front page (Read 1712 times) previous topic - next topic

Number of topics at the "Recent Topics" window in the front page

I would like to have more than five items in the "Recent Topics" list, but I can't seem to find where to change that, if possible at all.

Re: Number of topics at the "Recent Topics" window in the front page

Reply #1
You can set a maximum of 50 in Modify Profile > Look and Layout
but there is a time limit to what is considered a "recent" topic (not sure if it is set by hours or restart of day; an Administrator would know more).
If only five topics have posts within the "recent" time period then that's all you will see.
korth

Reply #2
You can set a maximum of 50 in Modify Profile > Look and Layout
That is per page when you navigate the forum. I take it that the question concerns not that, but the five "Recent Topics" on the HA front page.

Reply #3
Which has a time limit as to what is considered to be "recent".

Edit: But you're probably correct. The setting doesn't change the number of posts on https://hydrogenaud.io/index.php/board,28.0.html so it probably won't change how the front page is displayed either.
korth

Reply #4
I had already set those to 50 before starting the thread.
The thing is that there were more items in the front page list before, but now it's only five.

Reply #5
As @korth says, it shows only recent threads. So, if there are only 5 threads to which has been posted the last 3 days (or something like that, I'm not sure), then it will shown only 5 threads. If there are only 3, it will show those 3.
Music: sounds arranged such that they construct feelings.

Reply #6
It happens to this site sometimes, Very few new Topics, then a new post comes along sometimes from a troll, gets things alive & kicking again.