Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: foobar2000 0.9.4 beta (Read 63265 times) previous topic - next topic

foobar2000 0.9.4 beta

Reply #25
* “ID3v2 Writer Compatibility Mode” with workarounds for common bugs in other software’s ID3v2 implementations

With this option activated, i lost my %rating% tags and embedded dynamic lyrics when the file was updated (play_counter).
The plugin "Lyric Show Panel" is unable to write lyrics to file

I too lost my LYRICS tags when changing to the "Compatibility" mode (test database though  ).  I am using dug's foo_lyricdb.  The component can find the lyrics for my files, but it will not save it to a tag.  It will work with V2.4 tags though.  Anyone else have this issue?  Would this be a bug in fb2k 0.9.4 beta 1 or with dug's component?

foobar2000 0.9.4 beta

Reply #26
play count unofficial still doesn't work which is a shame. Although I'm tempted to move for the 2.3 support... shame the official playcount doesn't have the options I need yet.

What to do?

One day maybe. 

foobar2000 0.9.4 beta

Reply #27
Peter said something here about not retaining unsupported fields in id3v2.3 mode. Wonder if that's the reason.

EDIT: Lorraine which option you need, if it's write to tag option then it's already in the official playcount. IIRC someone has already made an unofficial playcount version that work with 0.9.3 (so I guess it also works with 0.9.4) can't dig it with out search though.

foobar2000 0.9.4 beta

Reply #28
Thx for the release~!
Btw just found out a bug, fb2k 0.9.4 b1 couldnt exit properly,
i have to open Task manager and end task manually...

* “ID3v2 Writer Compatibility Mode” with workarounds for common bugs in other software’s ID3v2 implementations

With this option activated, i lost my %rating% tags and embedded dynamic lyrics when the file was updated (play_counter).

Please file proper bug reports, each of them in a new thread. Otherwise it's impossible for the dev's to keep track of things. (Not to mention the fact that this thread will be closed if you don't  )

foobar2000 0.9.4 beta

Reply #29
citay, you should add a note to the first post about bug reports going to the support forum...

Peter, would you please add a previous/next button if one entry is marked? Now, we have to exit the dialog, mark the next entry, and revisit again...

foobar2000 0.9.4 beta

Reply #30
Peter, would you please add a previous/next button if one entry is marked? Now, we have to exit the dialog, mark the next entry, and revisit again...
There's no previous/next button on purpose (would be bad design afaik). If you want to edit multiple entries just select them and double click or "right click --> edit --> Individual Values" on the fieldname in the properties dialog. You'll be able to enter all the tags one by one for each selected item. That's the way it's supposed to be done.

foobar2000 0.9.4 beta

Reply #31
Request to moderators to move this thread to the general section of the foobar subforum.
Thank you
My Name is Sean and I'm here to leech off your genius.

foobar2000 0.9.4 beta

Reply #32
Request to moderators to move this threhttp://www.hydrogenaudio.org/forums/index.php?act=Post&CODE=02&f=2&t=48037&qpid=428174ad to the general section of the foobar subforum.
Thank you
100% agree with that. It's the first time I ever see a beta version of foobar2000 being validated as new. And there were hundreds beta version of foobar2000 released in the past. This new is simply going against the explicit rules explained by Tigre:

News about software should be submitted for major releases only with important changes (no separate news threads about bugfix releases, language versions etc.)
http://www.hydrogenaudio.org/forums/index....st&p=204188[/color][/s]

EDIT: good decision

foobar2000 0.9.4 beta

Reply #33
Well, EAC V0.95 prebeta 5 is explicitly mentioned in that thread too.

Beta 1 trumps prebeta 5 any day in my book. You might argue that EAC releases are much less frequent than fb2k, but fb2k releases have slowed down too recently.

foobar2000 0.9.4 beta

Reply #34

There's no previous/next button on purpose (would be bad design afaik). If you want to edit multiple entries just select them and double click or "right click --> edit --> Individual Values" on the fieldname in the properties dialog. You'll be able to enter all the tags one by one for each selected item. That's the way it's supposed to be done.
I know how editing works. This is rather for viewing purposes. To have a quick file information overview over multiple, single files. I mean one by one.

BTW, the percentage thing in multiple files info is nice, but wouldn't it be rather handy to have simply the number of files available instead of percent?

foobar2000 0.9.4 beta

Reply #35
Thanks for fulifilling my request. Im a clean freak forum-wise :$
My Name is Sean and I'm here to leech off your genius.

foobar2000 0.9.4 beta

Reply #36
citay, you should add a note to the first post about bug reports going to the support forum...

You are totally right. By this I got two to three warnings because of this.

I like the new version. I'll test it further, to see if I can find some quirks. I already posted two crashlogs concerning continuator.

foobar2000 0.9.4 beta

Reply #37
Peter said something here about not retaining unsupported fields in id3v2.3 mode. Wonder if that's the reason.

EDIT: Lorraine which option you need, if it's write to tag option then it's already in the official playcount. IIRC someone has already made an unofficial playcount version that work with 0.9.3 (so I guess it also works with 0.9.4) can't dig it with out search though.

O, you're right. I found it and it works with this version too.  Thank you!

foobar2000 0.9.4 beta

Reply #38
OK, i was able to find some MP3s where the 'Tool' field is available. But on the most files encoded by myself with fb2k & LAME 3.97b there's no 'Tool'...

Strange. I can view the information with files produced by the latest 3.97b3, via foobar2000 or not. Examples:

Your propertities windows look different. Are you using a custom windows theme ?

I'm using Windows Classic. In what way does it look different?

Also, does anyone have information about the new cuesheet handling?

foobar2000 0.9.4 beta

Reply #39

No Tool here, while it was encoded with LAME 3.97b2 for sure. But i was able to dig up some more files where it is shown correctly, so maybe these mp3s are somehow 'different'...
And your propertities window is different probably because i'm using Win2K, i just had no XP around the check it.

foobar2000 0.9.4 beta

Reply #40
Did you try the solution from here?

If that doesn't work, perhaps some of your files were encoded differently, e.g. by the LAME DLL instead of the command-line encoder, etc. ?

foobar2000 0.9.4 beta

Reply #41
You are totally right. By this I got two to three warnings because of this.

Those warnings didn't come from me. However, seeing how you openly discuss warnings given by our staff, you are (again, as i see from the warnlogs) in violation of TOS #7: "Further concerns regarding an action should be communicated via a private message to the staff member".

foobar2000 0.9.4 beta

Reply #42
Reload button, arrghhh 
Thanks for the info, i missed that thread somehow, now it's fine

foobar2000 0.9.4 beta

Reply #43
Howdy,
Columns UI still causes Foobar 0.9.4 Beta 1 to crash on Vista RC1. How do I contact the author, so it (hopefully) can be fixed
Thanks

foobar2000 0.9.4 beta

Reply #44
Having no issues so far with the new beta, got a request though.
Someone already requested this in the previous beta period: Having a ComboBox for fields with multiple values in the Properties dialog. That would make the unification of tags much easier.

foobar2000 0.9.4 beta

Reply #45
[TOS7 criticism snipped]

foobar2000 0.9.4 beta

Reply #46
I keep receiving sharing violation errors when trying to add or remove tags from songs that are currntly playing. It appears to have started with the 0.9.4b1. Is anyone else experiencing this problem?

Also, the $info(extrainfo) tag is now gone so to figure out if an MP3 is CBR or VBR it looks like we'll have to start parsing $info(codec_profile).  No big deal but it's a significant change that breaks many trackinfo scripts.

foobar2000 0.9.4 beta

Reply #47
* Startup/shutdown speed optimizations
    * Added LAME version and partial settings detection for MP3 files
Thanks for that, much appreciated.
* Replaced old “Fix MP3 Header” command with a new set of MP3-related utility commands
Probably already asked but... is there a brief guide for dummies explaining when and how those utilities should be used?

Alessandro

foobar2000 0.9.4 beta

Reply #48

I know how editing works. This is rather for viewing purposes. To have a quick file information overview over multiple, single files. I mean one by one.
I agree with this here 100% for the same reason. Next/previous buttons are very nice for viewing purposes, especially for looking at the Properties/Properties section. The way metadata editing for multiple selected files is done at the moment is perfect, but it has nothing to do with this request IMHO, since editing and viewing are not related in this case.

A drop-down selection box in case multiple files were selected in order to only see the info for a single track might be nice too: "All, <file #1>, <file #2>,..." but on the other hand might be impossible to handle when an entire database of serveral thousand tracks was selected. So I think simply reselecting the individual tracks in the playlist is best kept the way it is in this case. Only one more thing added to the "Prev/next button" wish: in case multiple tracks were selected pressing the Next/Prev buttons should of course start reselecting the first or last track of a selection and redisplaying its info in the Prop window... that's the default behaviour of a lot of programs with similar buttons.

EDIT: Oh I got another idea. Make the Properties windows update "live" as the user selects files in the playlist. Something similar to the columns UI. At the moment (0.9.3 final) it is possible to "do stuff" outside the properties window when it is open, also reselecting tracks in the playlist, but this has no effect on the info being displayed in the Properties window.

Btw, I guess this should better be split off to a thread in the suggestions subforum because this doesn't discuss this particular beta release directly and was merely a last-minute-request for the final version of 0.9.4 I suppose...

foobar2000 0.9.4 beta

Reply #49

Geez, that's why you don't use a beta "productively" on your actual music files right away... but rather on copies to see if any of your collected meta data gets lost or transformed in any way.

It also discards all unsupported and unknown frames. No ReplayGain for you, either. Be thankful you get to keep your embedded album art.