Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: foo_uie_quicksearch (Read 661723 times) previous topic - next topic

foo_uie_quicksearch

Reply #700
The quickest way to deal with that is to rename the playlist, then the next search will go into a new playlist.

foo_uie_quicksearch

Reply #701
Yeah, I just found out that by myself, and I'll do this way, even if I'm a bit lazy. I hope developers will fix that soon.

Thanks a lot anyway.

foo_uie_quicksearch

Reply #702
Hi!
My foobar crashes if I try to select "search in..." "Playlist" or "All Playlists"

Code: [Select]
---------------------------
Visual Studio Just-In-Time Debugger
An unhandled win32 exception occurred in foobar2000.exe [3228]. Just-In-Time debugging this exception failed with the following error: No installed debugger has Just-In-Time debugging enabled. In Visual Studio, Just-In-Time debugging can be enabled from Tools/Options/Debugging/Just-In-Time.

Check the documentation index for 'Just-in-time debugging, errors' for more information.
OK  

Code: [Select]
Core (2009-06-07 14:28:34)
foobar2000 core 0.9.6.8
foo_abx.dll (2009-06-07 14:25:26)
ABX Comparator 1.3.4
foo_converter.dll (2009-06-07 14:26:38)
Converter 1.2.1
foo_DeleteCurrent.dll (2008-06-30 18:00:02)
FooBar2000 Delete Current Track 1.0.0.0
foo_dsp_std.dll (2009-06-07 14:26:54)
Standard DSP Array 1.0
foo_fileops.dll (2009-06-07 14:25:30)
File Operations 2.1.2
foo_input_std.dll (2009-06-07 14:26:30)
Standard Input Array 1.0
foo_rgscan.dll (2009-06-07 14:26:22)
ReplayGain Scanner 2.0.8
foo_run.dll (2009-03-27 22:49:54)
Run services 0.3.6
foo_texttools.dll (2009-01-31 14:23:38)
Text Tools 1.0.3
foo_ui_columns.dll (2009-04-12 17:47:15)
Columns UI 0.3.6.8
foo_ui_std.dll (2009-06-07 14:27:04)
Default User Interface 0.9.5
foo_uie_bookmarks.dll (2008-07-19 18:29:50)
Bookmarks 0.2.6
foo_uie_quicksearch.dll (2007-05-18 13:31:10)
Quick Search Toolbar 2.8l

foo_uie_quicksearch

Reply #703
How do I search ALL columns in a given playlist?

I have made the following columns: %song%, %comment%, %BPM%. I tried adding them to Standard in Tagz strings.  A search seems to include %song% but not %comment%, %BPM%
I use Columns UI

foo_uie_quicksearch

Reply #704
can anyone send me the foo_uie_quicksearch.dll file or provide alternative link for it? i tried to dl from the link but it seems to be dead already =[

foo_uie_quicksearch

Reply #705
Both downloads work for me.

foo_uie_quicksearch

Reply #706
still cant work for me, do u mind uploading it to another site and gimme the link =x

foo_uie_quicksearch

Reply #707
Would be great if we could do Context Commands

Quicksearch for same .../Album Artist
Quicksearch for same .../Band (instead of Album Artist, for compatibility reasons)

Maybe even better: additional customizable fields.

foo_uie_quicksearch

Reply #708

I've got a little problem with Quick Search Toolbar.
Everytime I search anything, the results go into a new playlist, but if I start a new search, the previous playlist is replaced by the new one, so I cannot continue listening to the first playlist Quick Search created.

I wonder if is possible to create a new playlist for every search.

In searchbar preferences select "Append search string to playlist name".

That doesn't work with me.

I think this should be considered a bug, although it seems to be by design. 

Most of the times I want my search string in  playlist name is because of the many different quicksearches I do. And I want quick access to all of them. If I just wanted  one playlist for all my quickseaches a playlist with a single name eg "My quicksearches", without appending the search query, would  suffice. 

So I think that if %playlist name% already exists then replace its contents, but if it's different  just send the results to a newly created one without trying to delete the previous one.

foo_uie_quicksearch

Reply #709
It says there is an auto-search function, but I can't seem to get it to work. I'm hoping to get it like iTunes where I don't need to hit enter. Im lazy

foo_uie_quicksearch

Reply #710
Ruff Draft,

click on the little arrow on the right hand of the search icon, in the Pop-up menu choose Autosearch.
This is HA. Not the Jerry Springer Show.

foo_uie_quicksearch

Reply #711
I think it only happens in autosearch mode, for which using cut & paste is not recommended (unless you clear the query string first) since pasting a string may lead to refining a previous search, thus explaining the unfound results.

then thats a known bug that hasnt been fixed.
is the developer doing anything about this?

foo_uie_quicksearch

Reply #712

That was the developer you quoted.

terry

foo_uie_quicksearch

Reply #713
I think this should be considered a bug, although it seems to be by design.

So I think that if %playlist name% already exists then replace its contents, but if it's different  just send the results to a newly created one without trying to delete the previous one.

Yes this is by design

foo_uie_quicksearch

Reply #714
I don't if this has been mentioned but if you want to search tracks using latin letters only and some of the search results contain umlauts (ö, ä, å) they don't show up. For example, if the artist is "Bésame" and you search for "Besame" nothing comes up. Sometimes it's nicer to write only latin letters...

Hopefully there's a solution for this:
Solution is to add new "tagz strings" configuration, for example I have "standard + ascii" which contains

%artist% %album% %title% $ascii(%artist% %album% %title%)

ascii function converts ä to a, ö to ö, é to e and so forth....

-kerpondile

foo_uie_quicksearch

Reply #716
%artist% %album% %title% $ascii(%artist% %album% %title%)

ascii function converts ä to a, ö to ö, é to e and so forth....

great, does this has any unwanted side effects?

foo_uie_quicksearch

Reply #717
is there a way to make this work under the default ui ?  i do get a pop up quicksearch window...but it's not integrated whithin the general interface so that i have to tell foobar to pop up the search window everytime i start foobar. also..the autosearch doesnt seem to work under the default ui.

otherwise, great addon...but please make it work under default ui!!!

foo_uie_quicksearch

Reply #718
The default UI has its own search built in- go to Library>Search and a window will pop up. You can get it into your regular layout using the layout editing mode- View>Layout>Layout editing mode.

IMO the default UI search is more powerful than quicksearch too.

foo_uie_quicksearch

Reply #719
one word. amazing.  thanks a lot lol...  i can now solemnly declare foobar2000 a perfect software.

foo_uie_quicksearch

Reply #720
Hi,

I am dying for the re-implementation of:

# Implemented context menus to search for same Artist/Album/Title (search in database only and with "Exact" match ... will temporarily overide the current settings).

for foobar2000 1.0 Beta 

Just thought I should make a post as nobody else here has posted their interest to this.

Thanks,
McoreD

foo_uie_quicksearch

Reply #721
It is still implemented and appears under legacy commands in context menu although at the first level (under Artist, Album, Title, Genre, Directory).

foo_uie_quicksearch

Reply #722
This is great! One thing, I'm not 100% sure if this is possible (or has been suggested already but I didn't see it when skimming the thread), I've gotten very used to "type-ahead/search as you type" in Firefox and now also in Chrome with this extension, and it would be really awesome if that could be supported in fb2k as well. I think most people probably wouldn't use it, so I imagine the best option would be for it to be a checkbox in options somewhere?

Anyway, this is already super awesome and using "/" to focus on the playlist search bar, leaving ctrl+f open for database search is already amazing. Thanks again!

EDIT: also, I know this is really nitpicking, but is there any way to make the bar smaller and the icon not be there?

foo_uie_quicksearch

Reply #723
If I understand you correctly:
Set Autosearch and Inline Playlist Search on the icon-menu.
Then set the search delay to 0 on the preferences page.

You can make the icon invisible but, the "wasted" space will remain there.
<insert signature here>