Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: foobar2000 plugin for .mkv videos, dolbyTrueHD & DTS HD MA? (Read 14471 times) previous topic - next topic

foobar2000 plugin for .mkv videos, dolbyTrueHD & DTS HD MA?

I noticed that I can bypass protected/secure audio path with foobar2000 with DVD-A using the DVD-A codec.

I was wondering if it is possible for me to run .mkv files through foobar somehow in order to get full quality playback with DTS MA and TrueHD content through my soundcard and analog speakers in a similar fashion.

it seems playing audio-only disables the DRM from stopping full quality playback... and it is ridiculous that I cannot play files I own legitamately (i ripped blu rays to my PC thinking it would be easier to bypass the DRM that way, didnt work). if i could get foobar to play the audio, I could sync up video and mute the player thus bypassing the evil DRM

thanks -- and I understand If I cant. its just bullshit that MS is trying to control my audio system purchases and denying my creative sound card the features it was built to have

foobar2000 plugin for .mkv videos, dolbyTrueHD & DTS HD MA?

Reply #1
(i ripped blu rays to my PC thinking it would be easier to bypass the DRM that way, didnt work)

What are you using to play them? I don't think Windows can play TrueHD or DTS-HD MA by default, so you're probably using the DRM'd decoders that came with Blu-ray player software.

Try playing them with MPC-HC. It has built-in DRM-free decoders for TrueHD and DTS-HD (but I don't think it can play a Blu-ray unless you rip it first). Make sure you're using the latest version; DTS-HD MA support was added very recently, so older versions won't play those properly.