Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Am I the only wacko who...... (Read 3030 times) previous topic - next topic

Am I the only wacko who......

...actually likes the sound of using Winamp's EQ with the MP+ plugin(Vladimirovich's)?  Has the high-end cutoff been fixed because it doesn't sound that bad to me at all.  Am I losing my high-end hearing or what? :eek:

Reply #1
Yes you the only wacko!!  Just kidding, you set yourself for a reply like that.

I never used the EQ WinAMP, so what is this problem? Does it have some sort of lowpass filter running through it?

Cheers
AgentMil
-=MusePack... Living Audio Compression=-

Honda - The Power of Dreams

Reply #2
well, it should give some problems in the higher freqs (see docs included with winamp plug about this) but I dont really care - I use it anyway. my simple pc-speakers wont let me hear the difference. And when listening using headphones, I turn the EQ off anyway...

J
[span style=\'font-family:Arial\'][span style=\'color:red\']Life Sucks Deeply[/span][/span]

Reply #3
No problemo, AgentMil.  A little self-deprecation makes the world go around.  :insane:

Well, right now while encoding my CD collection I'm only listening via headphones while ripping/encoding/tagging/etc.. However, they'll be transported to the MPCtruck (used to be MP3truck!) and CRANKED through the stereo and I was just wondering how much of a difference it'll be. Supposedly Winamp's EQ cuts off a lotta high stuff but I don't hear that much being cut.  Better get my high-end on my cans checked.  I usually do that once or twice a year. Being a musician, you gotta keep these things in check.  I do have an EQ installed in the truck already, but the Winamp EQ just gives the files a little tweaking that I like.  Well, it's good to know I ain't the only one going against the flow.