Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: foo_uie_lyrics3 (Read 881152 times) previous topic - next topic

foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #1151
Despite its long history (and well-known previous versions), I've just recently stumbled upon this component, and I absolutely love it.  I'm currently using a WSH panel to display lyrics (which I'd like to continue doing), but I have a need for a component that searches online lyric databases and writes those lyrics to the file tags.  I had been previously using Lyrics Grabber to download my lyrics, and was not aware that this component could also fulfill that role (and do so much better).  Additionally, this component seems to be in active development, while Lyrics Grabber is not.

There are a couple of things that I would like to do with this component, but I can't figure out how.  If I'm missing something, can someone who is more experienced with this component please help me out?  If what I'm asking is not possible at present, can these please be considered as feature requests for a future version?  Thank you.

1) I would like to download both synced and unsynced lyrics simultaneously.  Currently, it seems that I can only do one or the other, or prefer one over the other.  Ideally, I would like for all of my audio to have unsynced lyrics attached to the file tags, and synced lyrics also attached for those files for which synced lyrics exist.

2) Currently, when I download lyrics to the file tags, the first few lines include the artist, album, and track appended to the top.  I don't believe that these are produced from the lyrics databases themselves, because they are appended regardless of the database that I use.  So, I presume that the component is appending this information.  Is there a way that this can be disabled?  I'd prefer to not have the artist, album, and track names included in my lyrics tags, as they already exist in their own respective tags.

3) When I right-click on a track and go to "Download lyrics...", everything works as expected, however, whenever lyrics are found in a particular database, the message "but not saved" always appears.  I find this odd, because the component successfully attaches the found lyrics to the file tags.  Am I missing something here? Does "saved" refer only to downloading the lyrics to a separate file?

Thanks again for any help you all can provide.

foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #1152
2) Currently, when I download lyrics to the file tags, the first few lines include the artist, album, and track appended to the top.  I don't believe that these are produced from the lyrics databases themselves, because they are appended regardless of the database that I use.  So, I presume that the component is appending this information.  Is there a way that this can be disabled?  I'd prefer to not have the artist, album, and track names included in my lyrics tags, as they already exist in their own respective tags.

I just played around with it a bit more, and it seems that I'm wrong about this one.  This is only for the LyricWiki database.  Still, it'd be nice to be able to change this behavior.

foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #1153
1) ... Ideally, I would like for all of my audio to have unsynced lyrics attached to the file tags, and synced lyrics also attached for those files for which synced lyrics exist.

The plug-in cannot automatically save both synced and unsynced lyrics simultaneously. However, you should be able to achieve what you want by two batch download passes; one searching for synced only and the other unsynced only although I haven't tested this.

2) Currently, when I download lyrics to the file tags, the first few lines include the artist, album, and track appended to the top..

I do not believe that lyrics3 adds this info to the lyrics; I think that this info is added to the lyric by the person who made the lyric.

HTH

foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #1154
I want to get lyrics downloaded into the lyrics folder of my user profile for all my music tracks so I can have them available when I listen offline. Is there any way to do so without having to open and play each song? I have over 3000 albums so that would take a long time.

This is an awesome plugin, by the way. Makes me glad I tried Foobar.

foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #1155
Select songs -> right click -> download lyrics

foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #1156
Select songs -> right click -> download lyrics

I selected some tracks in the Playlist View and then right click, but I didn't get an option to download lyrics. Same thing for Album List. I'm using Windows 8-64 if that matters. And Foobar 1.2.9 with Lyric Show Panel 3  0.3.5.2

foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #1157
You need to use 0.4 beta 2 - see the first post of this thread.

foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #1158
The vern, this is a great plugin, thank you again.
Another 'gotcha' is some lyrics get saved with a first line of " Send "song name" Ringtone to your Cell" . 

You can find these by a library search - lyrics HAS send ringtone to your cell . Maybe someone will come up with a masstag instruction to delete that line.
It was pretty simple to use masstag to delete lyrics that were saved as "Lyrics are not yet available"

foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #1159
Love this plugin, and love that you've taken over Vern. Great work! I did notice some unexpected behavior that I was wondering if you could create a work around for in the next beta, although after installing 0.4beta2, you might have.

I was listening to a song (Within Temptation - "Caged" is a good example) and switched over to my lyrics panel and was surprised to be confronted by a bunch of gibberish instead of the actual lyrics. A few more tracks exhibited the exact same results. After about 20 seconds of investigation, I realized it wasn't gibberish at all, but actually the lyrics in Turkish as opposed to English. I did a lyrics Search and noticed that the results found 5 LRCs from the Timestamped 3 source. The title of 3 of them was "Caged" one was "Caged (TR)" which was the Turkish lyrics that the search found initially (I hadn't updated from 0.3.5.2 at this point) and one was "Caged (live)" I'm not sure why "Caged (TR)" took precedence over the regular "Caged" but I was wondering if you could give songs with an exact title precedence over those with extra crap at the end. After installing the latest beta and deleting the saved LRC I repeated the search and the lyrics in English came up. If that's something you've fixed, great, otherwise I think that'd be an improvement.

foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #1160
I have also found another weird one, lyrics starting off with &#........ and filled with these symbols and numbers.
Again easy to do a library search - lyrics HAS #& - and check the lyrics in any that are found and delete if necessary.

foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #1161
Another interesting search case: The Metallica song "Damage, Inc."

It appears that the comma and the period are screwing up the search and not returning anything except wikia. Removing them both and I get several timestamped results. Not sure if that's a hard and fast rule yet, but it wouldn't surprise me.

foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #1162
Another interesting search case: The Metallica song "Damage, Inc."

It appears that the comma and the period are screwing up the search and not returning anything except wikia. Removing them both and I get several timestamped results. Not sure if that's a hard and fast rule yet, but it wouldn't surprise me.

Also found the same issue with colons and forward slashes. If you could just strip them out of sending to Timestamped 3 at least, things would be great. I also noticed that Timestamped 2 can't handle forward slashes, but not sure about any of the other punctuation characters yet.

foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #1163
@MordredKLB
I can confirm the punctuation effects you describe; until a potential fix from The vern you could consider stripping the problematical search characters yourself by using something like $replace(%title%,',',,'.',,'/',,':',) as the title search parameter.

@Wirrunna
The effects you describe appear to be due to the google search introduced into the latest beta series that sometimes returns unwanted text. You could consider not using the google search until The Vern addresses these issues or remove the unwanted text after searching as you are currently doing.

HTH

foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #1164
Interesting tip on punctuation marks.  I just stripped apostrophes and single quotes in titles and had similar success.

foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #1165
@WilB,
The most irritating gotcha is the "Send .... ringtone to your cell" as the rest of the lyrics for the track are usually valid. Means editing each lyric tag. The others are easy to identify and blow away with a masstag script.
The Vern has done a great job, it would be icing on the cake if he was to trap the Send Ringtone message though, but it isn't a showstopper.
The main reason I have posted about the "gotchas" is to give others a heads up, especially if they leave Foobar overnight pulling in lyrics like I do.

foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #1166
@Wirrunna
That ringtone thing is annoying, but it's not too difficult to fix yourself. If you use notepad++ then using that program you can do a Find in Files in your lyrics directory and search for ringtone. Then you can easily edit those files. You can even use regular expressions and do an automatic find and replace. If they are all of the type "Send ... ringtone to your cell" then a simple regex of "Send.*ringtone to your cell" ought to work. You might have to play around with it to handle line breaks, or whatever. I've also seen some "____ MP3 Download" type stuff in some lyrics as well which would be a lot harder to automate, but a search of MP3 probably wouldn't return too many actual lyrics. I typically only save .lrc's so this really isn't a problem for me though, which is nice.

foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #1167
Thanks. I like this plugin. Reading here I learned how to save in the right place, how to replace all my lyrics which were in "app data > roaming".
I also updated it with the last beta version.

There is only a little problem with Google search.
Select the lyric from the webpage below, then click ok

There is nothing to click and I have a text like this:

Code: [Select]
Lyrics: Vili Kavaldjiev - Virginia
.head {
background-color: #171717;
}
.body {
background-color: #171717;
}
.perma {
background-color: #000000;
}

Home
Activity Feed
TuneGenie

Vili Kavaldjiev

Tracks

Virginia

Virginia - Lyrics

foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #1168
Apologies for my lack of activity, as usual life is pretty hectic!

@Hitchhiker:
1) I'm not going to allow downloading of both synced and unsynced - it would take a fair amount of time to implement it well and even then it would probably end up being pretty messy.

2) The info is added by lyrics3, but I like it so I'm not going to remove it, and I cba to put an option in sorry.

3) I'll Look into that. However, I suspect it is due to a lyric already existing for that song.

@Wirrunna:
The google search was always going to need some work - I'll fix those issues when I get time.
What do you mean about the &#....? - is this the actual lyric that is displayed in the panel? Can you give example artist and track titles for me to test?

@MordredKLB:
I'll look into the issues with comma and other punctuation marks. When you search without the comma, the titles that timestamped 3 is returning have the comma, so there may be an issue with my string comparisons.

@musikomaniak:
In that case the webpage that has google has returned doesn't actually have the lyric for the song - just click cancel and try the next link.

Hope that helps

foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #1169
@Hitchhiker:
1) I'm not going to allow downloading of both synced and unsynced - it would take a fair amount of time to implement it well and even then it would probably end up being pretty messy.

That's unfortunate, but I understand.  Thanks for responding to my request.

Instead, would it be possible to add Main Menu commands to switch between "Only Synced" and "Only Non-Synced"?  This way, I can do both without having to go into Preferences each time.  Also, I can then pseudo-automate the process using a WSH Panel.  Thanks again.

foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #1171
hi, i should thank you/all who have worked on this plugin, i have been using it for many years, and has been great.
here are a few things i have found problems with.
if a track does not have lyrics, and i go to edit lyrics, i am brought to the editing screen etc, and if i paste some 'lrc' synced lyrics in, and click ok/apply to save it, yes, it works, but the file is saved as .txt, when in fact i was never asked what file to create.
maybe upon saving the file, the plugin could see if it is an lrc formatted file, has timestamps etc, and if so save it as lrc? that would be very nice.
i find if i used edit lyrics to create a new file, click on 'Syncronise line', and THEN paste the lyrics, and save, then the file is saved as a .lrc.
i can paste and save the lyrics without doing that, let it save as .txt, delete the .txt, but keep the song playing/lyrics still showing, and then click save lyrics, the lyrics files will be saved as lrc.
so that shows me you can see if the lyrics are lrc or not, so i hope it is not be so hard to implement this feature  thanks!

being able to CTRL+A in the editor would help too, although not a big issue.

also, how does the lyric searching work? i see lrc123.com is listed, and when i search a file i cannot find it (or at least the result from lrc123.com) but when i go to the website and search for the song/artist/album etc, i find it and it comes up. at the moment i am just copying and pasting the lyrics from the site into the lyric editor on the plugin, but it would be nice if the search worked for that site, or, maybe it is just my set up, or the file i am looking for? i can give the artist/song name if needed, it happened with others though.
thank you, i appreciate!

-edit. maybe even a copy clipboard to lyric file option would be good? just an idea!

also, when i drag the lyrics in the display window, and they are synced, the offset is changed. it is also saved automatically, even though the setting in the options that says 'save automatically' says that it will not overwrite lyrics. (i consider this overwriting, maybe this is the problem...?)
if i turn the automatic saving OFF, the lyric offset is not automatically saved when dragging the lyrics up and down in the window.
sometimes i drag the lyrics up and down to see what is coming next/what is at the bottom of the file. i could seek forwards and backwards in the track, but i don't want to change the current position of the music.
is this a wanted feature, being able to drag to alter the offset and for it to save automatically, overwriting the previous offset/file?
after doing this by accident i can 'reset' the offset on the right click menu, but sometimes i was using an offset beforehand, which means i have lost that now.
once again, thank you

foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #1172
@the vern - The google search was always going to need some work - I'll fix those issues when I get time.
What do you mean about the &#....? - is this the actual lyric that is displayed in the panel? Can you give example artist and track titles for me to test?

Artist : Ryan Bingham
Track: Guess Who's Knockin'
Track: Rising of the Ghetto

Artist : Pokey Lafarge and the South City Three
Track : Bag of Bones

Lyrics as displayed :
&#68&#111&#117&#98&#108&#101&#32&#110&#111&#111&#115&#101&#32&#97&#32&#110&#101&#99&#107&#108&#97&#99&#101
&#66&#117&#98&#98&#108&#101&#32&#119&#114&#97&#112&#32&#116&#111&#32&#115&#97&#102&#101&#32&#116&#104&#101&#32&#112&#108&#97&#99&#101
&#87&#114&#105&#110&#107&#108&#101&#115&#32&#111&#102&#32&#97&#32&#116&#114&#111&#112&#104&#121&#32&#111&#110&#101
&#67&#111&#117&#108&#100&#32&#116&#104&#105&#110&#107&#32&#111&#102&#32&#105&#116&#32&#97&#115&#32&#115&#104&#111&#119&#105&#110&#103&#32&#117&#115&#32&#116&#104&#101&#32&#119&#97&#121
&#84&#104&#105&#110&#107&#32&#111&#102&#32&#105&#116&#32&#97&#115&#32&#115&#104&#111&#119&#105&#110&#103&#32&#117&#115&#32&#116&#104&#101&#32&#119&#97&#121
&#75&#101&#101&#112&#32&#105&#116&#32&#97&#108&#108&#32&#102&#114&#111&#109&#32&#115&#121&#109&#112&#97&#116&#104&#121
&#89&#111&#117&#114&#32&#100&#97&#121&#32&#116&#111&#100&#97&#121&#32&#121&#111&#117&#114&#32&#100&#105&#103&#110&#105&#116&#121
&#66&#114&#105&#110&#103&#32&#116&#104&#101&#32&#111&#116&#104&#101&#114&#32&#98&#114&#111&#116&#104&#101&#114&#115&#32&#114&#111&#117&#110&#100
&#87&#101&#39&#108&#108&#32&#116&#104&#105&#110&#107&#32&#111&#102&#32&#105&#116&#32&#97&#115&#32&#115&#104&#111&#119&#105&#110&#103&#32&#117&#115&#32&#116&#104&#101&#32&#119&#97&#121
&#87&#101&#39&#108&#108&#32&#116&#104&#105&#110&#107&#32&#111&#102&#32&#105&#116&#32&#97&#115&#32&#115&#104&#111&#119&#105&#110&#103&#32&#117&#115&#32&#116&#104&#101&#32&#119&#97&#121

Foobar2000 v1.2.8 
Lyrics Show 3 settings - Only non-synced, Search parameters - Artist " " i.e. blank, Title [%title%]

As far as the Google search issues that I have found, the worst is the attaching the "Send "songname" ringtone to your cell" to the front of the lyrics as the rest of the lyrics are usually OK. The workaround is a library search of "lyrics HAS send ringtone to your cell" and edit the lyrics of each one found.
The other issues are solved by an appropriate library search and a script to delete the lyrics tag.

Again, thank you for a great plugin.

foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #1173
Hello,
I am using 0.4 beta 2.

I have some files with lyrics already embedded in them.  I would like to overwrite these lyrics with whatever Lyrics Show Panel downloads.  In the options section it states that lyrics will not be overwritten.  What is the best method to have new lyrics saved to the files?  Is there a program that can do a mass deletion of the existing lyrics, or is there an option to always overwrite lyrics.  I would think that would be a handy feature.

Any assistance is appreciated!  Thanks!

foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #1174
select all your files in foobar2000 >rt click>properties>find the lyrics field>delete