Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: ISO image into another lossless format (Read 11394 times) previous topic - next topic

ISO image into another lossless format

Hi all,

I have a file called ISO image on my HD, and would like to convert it without burning the CD copy right into another practical format (wav, ape, wv, flac, ..). I cannot figure out how or whether this is possible, do I need some special software?. Any advice would be highly appreciated and welcomed.

Cheers,

crzmn

Reply #1
You have an ISO image of a CD audio CD?

If so you could mount it to a virtual drive and rip from there.
I'm on a horse.

Reply #2
mount the iso with alcohol or deamon then rip it with EAC

edit: Synthetic Soul beat me

Reply #3
Just use Daemon Tools to load the ISO file in the CD drive. Then you can rip it like any normal CD. You could use Exact Audio Copy for example.

I suggest FLAC as lossless format.

Reply #4
Just use Daemon Tools to load the ISO file in the CD drive. Then you can rip it like any normal CD. You could use Exact Audio Copy for example.

I suggest FLAC as lossless format.

Many thanks, guys,

you were so fast in your replies, ooh. I will try and believe I will manage that without any problem.

Regards, Crzmn

Reply #5
I have been wondering this for a while, does it really matter to use EAC in quality meaning when the CD is digital in the computer (Because there would be errors ona normal system)?
I just like listening to music

Reply #6
I have been wondering this for a while, does it really matter to use EAC in quality meaning when the CD is digital in the computer (Because there would be errors ona normal system)?
You can use EAC burst mode and only copy, no test is necessary.

Heck, any ripper will do if it's from a mounted ISO image.

Reply #7

You do know that an iso image is not a secure lossless format, right?
Iso rippers can and will produce the same errors as any audio ripping tool besides EAC (the image might be correct as well, but you can never know).

EAC + a lossless format is the only way to get a 100% lossless rip.

Reply #8
You can create image files using EAC...
JXL

Reply #9
You can create image files using EAC...
JXL

Yes, wave images, but no .iso images (and wave is a container for a lossless format, so I'm still right  )

Reply #10

I wouldn't say that.  I've ripped many many images and have seen data get corrupted upon transfer.

The best method is to select all the tracks and use F5 followed by F8 in burst mode.  Experience has shown that using F6 (or F5 then F8 on single tracks at a time) is utterly useless when it comes to the secure ripping of tracks from images mounted on virtual drives.  EAC's secure mode in this scenario is utterly useless also.

I suspect that this has to do with caching.  I only have 512MB of memory and often wonder if F5 followed by F8 would still work if I had more.

This is all based on the fact that I do occasionally see mismatching CRCs using my suggested method but I always see the same CRC repeated when using F6 and that same CRC is sometimes wrong.  Furthermore, the wrong CRC will remain after repeated attempts unless I either re-mount the image or rip more tracks before going back to the track that is suspect.

Reply #11
Oddly enough, I received an ISO file of a booted concert today, and I'm having a hard time figuring out how to rip it.  I downloaded daemon, mounted the iso image, and then opened EAC expecting to be able to rip the file.  When I click on the virtual drive in EAC, the only visible file is Track 01, and no "Action" options are available to me other than "Create Cue Sheet".  I can't double click on the file to get to the folders though.

When I click on the virtual drive in Explorer, I see two folders (CD One and CD Two), a couple JPEGs (album art), and a text file.

When I open CD One, I see nine flac files (the songs, obviously), a file named CDOne.ffp, and a file named CDOne.shntool.txt.  The .txt file refers to the nine flac files as .wav files. 

CD Two has the same file structure as CD One.

I apologize in advance is this question has been answered elsewhere, I really have searched through the site and read a lot of threads. 

I'm guessing that I'm missing a program or file, would someone please provide some guidance?

Thanks.

mount the iso with alcohol or deamon then rip it with EAC

edit: Synthetic Soul beat me

Reply #12
When I click on the virtual drive in Explorer, I see two folders (CD One and CD Two), a couple JPEGs (album art), and a text file.

That's not an audio CD image then, it's a data CD image. Use your favorite burning software to burn the flac's to 2 audio CD's.
I recommend Burrrn, as it will make the audio CD's pretty much gapless (good for live shows!) It's free.
If you are trying to "rip" it to another lossless format, you have the flac's, so it's already ripped. Use foobar2000, dBpoweramp, or another program to convert the flac's to your format of choice.

Reply #13
Btw, you can't have an ISO image of an audio CD anyway. Audio CDs don't have a filesystem.

If it's an ISO, it's a data CD. If it's another image format (nrg, ccd, img, etc) then it still can be an audio CD.

Reply #15

That's not an audio CD image then, it's a data CD image. Use your favorite burning software to burn the flac's to 2 audio CD's.
I recommend Burrrn, as it will make the audio CD's pretty much gapless (good for live shows!) It's free.
If you are trying to "rip" it to another lossless format, you have the flac's, so it's already ripped. Use foobar2000, dBpoweramp, or another program to convert the flac's to your format of choice.

Thanks, I was definitely thrown off when I received a data image file.

As usual, the people on this site solve the problem within about 8 hours.  Sweet.

Reply #16
Another way to extract CD/A from CD images is using IsoBuster. Standard ripping should be okay, but as IsoBuster deals with the image structure directly, I feel a bit better using it. I don't have any reason to believe the result of rippers would be different, but I always expect the worst. :)

On the other hand, IsoBuster doesn't handle CD/A in some cases which work with Daemon Tools; for e.g., Mixed Mode NRG files.

Reply #17

I wouldn't say that.  I've ripped many many images and have seen data get corrupted upon transfer.

The best method is to select all the tracks and use F5 followed by F8 in burst mode.  Experience has shown that using F6 (or F5 then F8 on single tracks at a time) is utterly useless when it comes to the secure ripping of tracks from images mounted on virtual drives.  EAC's secure mode in this scenario is utterly useless also.

I suspect that this has to do with caching.  I only have 512MB of memory and often wonder if F5 followed by F8 would still work if I had more.

This is all based on the fact that I do occasionally see mismatching CRCs using my suggested method but I always see the same CRC repeated when using F6 and that same CRC is sometimes wrong.  Furthermore, the wrong CRC will remain after repeated attempts unless I either re-mount the image or rip more tracks before going back to the track that is suspect.

Which program did you use to mount the image? Maybe it's buggy.