Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Columns UI appearance (Read 3274514 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Columns UI appearance

Reply #2325
I'm new to foobar, but I've managed to put together my ideal UI:

Reply #2326
Groove music resources folder has font SegMVR2.ttf. (Segoe MVR MDL2 Assets)
Character map shows the icon at U+E93D  in this font.

Thinking back about this issue, how does the groove music app actually read the Segoe MVR MDL2 assets font, since it is not installed in the windows fonts folder? I'm asking because I assembled a custom iconfont specific to my configuration, which of course has to be installed in the windows fonts folder before I run foobar2000. Is there a way to make this font available to my foobar2000 without the need to install it, just like the the Segoe MVR MDL2 is available to Groove music without being installed (apparently, at least)?
I'm late

Reply #2327
Segoe MVR MDL2 is installed -- in the WindowsApp folder, which Microsoft makes quite difficult to access. (More info here.)

Installing a font is a one-time operation. Why wouldn't that work for you?

Reply #2328
Segoe MVR MDL2 is installed -- in the WindowsApp folder
I'm probably lacking some basic knowledge on font installation, but I thought they could only be installed in the windows/fonts folder, which is the target folder when you click on the install button. How do you install a font in a different folder? Can I install a font in the foobar2000 folder, for instance?
Furthermore Segoe MVR MDL2 Assets is not available to other apps, but groove music, that's why II thought it is not a proper installation. I would like my custom iconfont also to be available to foobar2000 only. Is that possible?

Installing a font is a one-time operation. Why wouldn't that work for you?
I never said it doesn't, but hopefully you will understand my concern better, after reading above.
I'm late

Reply #2330
I'm probably lacking some basic knowledge on font installation, but I thought they could only be installed in the windows/fonts folder, which is the target folder when you click on the install button. How do you install a font in a different folder? Can I install a font in the foobar2000 folder, for instance?

One could put a font file there, or anywhere, and it might be possible to program an application to access it. If so, Peter would have to provide the hook.

Furthermore Segoe MVR MDL2 Assets is not available to other apps, but groove music, that's why I thought it is not a proper installation.

It is a proper installation for a font Microsoft wants to hide from prying eyes.

I would like my custom iconfont also to be available to foobar2000 only. Is that possible?

It may be, as I alluded to above. At least now I see why you don't want to install your font with all the others. While I don't agree that it's necessary, you do seem to have Microsoft on your side. ;)

BTW, just for the record, I'm the same davideleo here.

That occurred to me well after the deadline for editing my post. I had completely forgotten why I bookmarked the page I linked to.  :-[

Reply #2331
I would like my custom iconfont also to be available to foobar2000 only. Is that possible?

It may be, as I alluded to above. At least now I see why you don't want to install your font with all the others. While I don't agree that it's necessary, you do seem to have Microsoft on your side. ;)

What I'm actually looking forward is to make my portable installation fully portable. I know it's a little detail and it only takes a few seconds, but having to install the font before I can actually run foobar2000, kind of bugs me. It is of course a one-time operation, as you said, but a few days ago I was testing my configuration, which runs some windows 10-specific scripts, on the windows 7 machine I have in the office and where I'm not totally comfortable installing weird iconfonts with fancy music player names. It's not really a practical problem: after fixing the scripts I uninstalled the fonts and deleted the portable installation foobar2000 copy, but that triggered my concern.
As a fallback I will try to automate the font installation with jscript, but I guess this is really off topic for the columns ui appearance thread.

I'm late

Reply #2332
Does anybody know if into the "Item Details" panel of CUI it is possible to show small pictures?
Not more than ten and they are all of the same size.

If yes, please give me some example.

In the panel wiki there are non indications.

Thanks.

Reply #2333
Here's my setup I've been tinkering with on and off since 2007. I like things utilitarian, and for me personally album art gets in the way of music enjoyment. I have several other useful playlist columns for use during tagging that are hidden most of the time.
X
Question: How do you change the colors of the buttons/panel borders/status bar? I can't seem to find any options for that in ColumnsUI.
Think millionaire, but with cannons.

Reply #2334
Simple Layout. Columns UI Dark Mode.
https://i.imgur.com/04XvxpL.png
https://i.imgur.com/2p59Rrv.png
foobar2000 v1.6.10 Columns UI (JScript Panel 3 3.0.0-Beta.2/Columns UI 2.0.0-alpha.1)
SHURE SRH1840, SENNHEISER HD660S2, SENNHEISER HD 490 PRO, DT 1990 PRO, HIFIMAN ANANDA, HIFIMAN Arya, AKG K712 PRO, SONY MDR-1AM2, Bowers & Wilkins P7, FiiO FT5, Bose QuietComfort 45 (made a Upgrade/Balanced Cable by myself) Shall I write more?

Reply #2337
Basic Layout. Columns UI Dark Mode. A little change.
https://i.imgur.com/hs5tAHL.png
foobar2000 v1.6.11 beta 1 Columns UI (JScript Panel 3 3.0.0-Beta.4/Columns UI 2.0.0-alpha.1)
SHURE SRH1840, SENNHEISER HD660S2, SENNHEISER HD 490 PRO, DT 1990 PRO, HIFIMAN ANANDA, HIFIMAN Arya, AKG K712 PRO, SONY MDR-1AM2, Bowers & Wilkins P7, FiiO FT5, Bose QuietComfort 45 (made a Upgrade/Balanced Cable by myself) Shall I write more?

Reply #2339
@marc2k3
Indeed. Thank you for your support.

Reply #2340
Perfect

foobar2000 v1.6.10 Columns UI (JScript Panel 3 3.0.0-Beta.6/Columns UI 2.0.0-alpha.1)

Thank you marc2k3.

Reply #2341
Simple and clean Dark ColumnsUI

Reply #2342
This is good. Wish it were for the DUI.
“We are not stuff that abides, but patterns that perpetuate themselves.” – Norbert Wiener

Reply #2344
windows doesn't allow to changes the UI elements colors?
Very limited for standard controls and panels for now.
“We are not stuff that abides, but patterns that perpetuate themselves.” – Norbert Wiener

Reply #2345
windows doesn't allow to changes the UI elements colors?
Very limited for standard controls and panels for now.

I'm not up to date in windows but I vaguely remember that in xp times there was .msstyle or something like that to change the interface colors. Is this not a thing nowadays?

Reply #2346
Is this not a thing nowadays?
The user has either contrast themes or third-party hacks.

Another story for devs. I dunno how "legally" dark controls have been implemented in the CUI. If this is the standard and documented way, perhaps we can hope that Peter can do this in DUI as well.

Reply #2347
Is this not a thing nowadays?
The user has either contrasting themes or third-party hacks.

Another story for developers. I dunno how "legally" dark controls have been implemented in the CUI. If this is the standard and documented way, perhaps we can hope that Peter can do this in DUI as well.

Yeah it was a hack that required a .dll substitution.

Maybe He will do.

I'm starting to use a dark theme and it have a great impact in eye stress. I wonder now why i didn't do it before

Reply #2348
Playlist Tabs styling still not possible?