Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: [Request]Foo_quicktag + sqlite.dll (Read 40013 times) previous topic - next topic

[Request]Foo_quicktag + sqlite.dll

Reply #50
Please, does someone knows how to merge 2 sqlite databases? In my case I would like to merge 2 quicktag.db, one from my fb2k in my last PC and the new from the new PC. Due to the traslation from one PC to a newer one, even if I transfered all my music, the files weren't in the same directories structure so the old db didn't work, files were moved outside fb2k, so the reference url in the db isn't the same anymore. I've tried this freeware:

- SQLite Database Browser
- SQLitecc

But I didn't get anyway to make it merge. In the first freeware I'm able to export the database as a sql file and modify in notepad the wrong entries easily (the structure of the music library is the same, I ad just to change the drive letter for all entries), but I'm not able to import it into the new quicktag.db, I always get an error message.

So, if someone knows hot to do it, it'll be great, since I don't want to re-add around 2500 ratings

Edit:
PS: The fact that I want to merge is because I've also rated a lot of new stuff that I didn't rate in the old PC and it's not in the old quicktag.db.

Reply #51
There's still issue with updating tags in one image file. In this case matroska containers. Whether I want to add replaygain info or regular tag.. foobar crashes and dissapears. Plugin will become perfect (at least for me) after clearing this issue

[Edit:]
and quicktag for some reason crashes abx comparator

Reply #52
Please, does someone knows how to merge 2 sqlite databases? In my case I would like to merge 2 quicktag.db, one from my fb2k in my last PC and the new from the new PC. Due to the traslation from one PC to a newer one, even if I transfered all my music, the files weren't in the same directories structure so the old db didn't work, files were moved outside fb2k, so the reference url in the db isn't the same anymore. I've tried this freeware:

- SQLite Database Browser
- SQLitecc

But I didn't get anyway to make it merge. In the first freeware I'm able to export the database as a sql file and modify in notepad the wrong entries easily (the structure of the music library is the same, I ad just to change the drive letter for all entries), but I'm not able to import it into the new quicktag.db, I always get an error message.

So, if someone knows hot to do it, it'll be great, since I don't want to re-add around 2500 ratings

Edit:
PS: The fact that I want to merge is because I've also rated a lot of new stuff that I didn't rate in the old PC and it's not in the old quicktag.db.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=295479"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Did you manage, somehow?

My two FBs point to the same music dir (M:\All music\). The only difference is that one is a mapped network drive as it's seen from another PC.

Reply #53
Did you manage, somehow?

Yes, I did. I just had to export the two databases as sql files. Then I opened the 'bad' one (the old databse that points to the old entries) and replace the old location with the new one. And then just copy from this file the core (without the create table header, etc...) into the new one. Then save it as a sql file and import it into the second freeware that doesn't give me an error. You paste this sql into the sql command window and execute it, after a while you should have the merged database.

I don't remember exactly the whole process, but it was somethign like this.

Hopefully it seems that I had not too much double entries, that I believe with this method wasn't really merging, just copying one database into another.

PS: Could it be possible to add an autoresync DB function to this lugin. I have to resync it very often because it fails to load the latest DB changes (ie. last rated tracks) when foobar loads. I resync and everything is fine.

Reply #54
Hi Fermion,

Any chances of porting this plugin to 0.9? It's the only way I know to rate a song without tagging it in fb2k 0.9...

Reply #55
Hi Fermion,

Any chances of porting this plugin to 0.9? It's the only way I know to rate a song without tagging it in fb2k 0.9...

Look for a thread of mine. There's a way...

Reply #56

Hi Fermion,

Look for a thread of mine. There's a way...

I've found these two, but I still don't know how to configure fb2k to keep the value in the database instead of tagging the file via masstagger. Would you mind sharing it if it's posible?

Reply #57
Do you mind reminding us the links to the mentioned threads, please?

Thanks.

Reply #58
I'm really sorry guys. When I wrote my post I didn't read the "withouth"! Propably because of me having drunk 2 Maß (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beer_stein)

Reply #59
I'm really sorry guys. When I wrote my post I didn't read the "withouth"! Propably because of me having drunk 2 Maß (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beer_stein)

I get the point  Too bad anyway, I might contact Fermion and see if he plans to port it to 0.9.

fabiospark, these are the links:
http://www.hydrogenaudio.org/forums/index....topic=42699&hl=
http://www.hydrogenaudio.org/forums/index....topic=42701&hl=

Reply #61
I would like to update this component, but right now I'm missing A) time B) VS 2005. 

fabiospark PMed me about the source code, and I'll upload it tomorrow in case someone wants to take over this project...

Reply #62
Well, there it is..

Reply #63
Continuing discussion for 0.9 version here.