Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Plugin to emulate iPod music game! (Read 4700 times) previous topic - next topic

Plugin to emulate iPod music game!

Here's how the game works:

You are shown 4 song titles and one of them is playing.  A point counter counts down from 1000 to zero.  Every 333 points or something like that a song name disappears.  You have one guess at the correct song.  This repeats for an indefinite number of round.  This game is awesome!  Its sort of like 'Name That Tune'.  Would a plugin for Foobar 2000 be feasible?

Reply #1
You are shown 4 song titles and one of them is playing.  A point counter counts down from 1000 to zero.  Every 333 points or something like that a song name disappears.  You have one guess at the correct song.  This repeats for an indefinite number of round.  This game is awesome!  Its sort of like 'Name That Tune'.   Would a plugin for Foobar 2000 be feasible?

DanZ and I were actually talking about this recently, and we decided it would be pretty easy to implement the game as a foo_look Lua script.

Reply #2
i don't use foo_looks, but i certainly would if it had this game

it seems like a REALLY easy game to write.

Reply #3
i don't use foo_looks, but i certainly would if it had this game

Don't tell DanZ, but neither do I!    Actually, I'm using foo_looks right now to do a little personal project that has nothing to do with audio or even Foobar2000.  I'm just using the GDI+ graphic and Lua scripting engines that foo_looks provides to quickly create a project that otherwise would have had to be written in a compiled language like C++.

Reply #4
hi kelesh

try to describe the game in as much detail as you can and i'll write a custom skin especially for playing it

- how fast does the countdown go
- does the track change if you get the answer correct?
- does it play the song from the start, or from a random position?
- what features would improve the game?

Reply #5
Been working on this during my spare time, so here's my contribution: http://www.hydrogenaudio.org/forums/index....ndpost&p=192086

I would say this is inspired by the iPod game and not an emulation, main reason being, I don't have an iPod

- Requires foo_looks 2.1 (see http://www.hydrogenaudio.org/forums/index....ndpost&p=190492)
- Look is open to any form of modification.

Reply #6
- how fast does the countdown go
- does the track change if you get the answer correct?
- does it play the song from the start, or from a random position?
- what features would improve the game?

-1000->0 in roughly 4-5 seconds.

-All the listed tracks change after the timer hits zero or after you make your guess.

-Random position, but it may have some kind of silence detection, as I've never had it start in any silent areas of the song.

-Nice feature would be to be able to not include certain types of files.. Like I wish my iPod wouldn't include anything from my "Books and Spoken Audio" and "Comedy" Genres when it's playing the game, which it frequently does.