Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: foo_scheduler (Read 439607 times) previous topic - next topic

foo_scheduler

Reply #550
Works great, thanks for XP support!

foo_scheduler

Reply #551
Since some time the scheduler sometimes / each second time or so appears to cause the computer to hibernate after switching it on from hibernation with these settings: http://i.imgur.com/IyV78V9.png

So, the scheduler let the Notebook go to hibernation and I switch on the Notebook the next day and the computer properly runs, it works, or the scheduler let the Notebook go to hibernation and I switch on the Notebook the next day and the scheduler let it go to hibernation again so I have to switch it on again and the second time it keeps running.

The same behavior is caused ("since ever") when I close foobar before it schedules this task (http://i.imgur.com/IyV78V9.png). So, I close foobar before 1:30 (http://i.imgur.com/G2ULja4.png) and start it again after 1:30 'o clock (e.g. the next day), the Notebook starts and immediately it switches back to hibernation, I start it again and it keeps runing.

How could I avoid the second hibernation?
Newest stable foobar, portable | Win 7

foo_scheduler

Reply #552
Hello Andrew,
I want to say thank you for Your plugin.
I have a suggestion, please add another item in the actions menu, namely "Stop action lists" and that was the choice of the leaf to stop.
It is necessary to extend the timer by pressing again the button.

foo_scheduler

Reply #553
Addition to previous post:

Start the action "Timer" repeatedly to postpone the shutdown, and the old action is executed and turns off the computer.

Re: foo_scheduler

Reply #554
Wow, I didn't know this component existed. Thank you Andrew for making this!

Three questions:
1) If I want to schedule Foobar to pause music playing, play an announcement at a certain time of day and resume playback after that, how do I go about doing this?
I have it set up as: Stop playback, Set active playlist "Announcement", Start playback, Wait until 1 tracks played, Set active playlist "Playlist 1", Start playback.
but it only plays the announcement for a fraction of a second without "waiting until 1 tracks played."

2) Is there a way to play back the music from the original position after the announcement? e.g. at 10:00 am I was playing X track and it stopped at 2:30 into it and I want to resume playback at that point after the announcement is made

3) Can I schedule an announcement to be played while a track is playing? I'm guessing the answer is no.

Thank you in advance!

Reply #555
I'm not familiar with the component but I can tell you option 3 isn't possible. However, you could install another instance of foobar2000 in portable mode and schedule that to play your announcement while your original instance continues playing music.

Reply #556
please
add action
"press key"

Reply #557
Is there an easy way to make it so foobar rotates playlists every 15 minutes? Or would I have to program the whole day in for that?

Reply #558
I want to add a play pattern as follows:
Go to a random track > Play 3 titles in default order > go to a random track and so on infinitely.
I made this action list:
  • Set playback order to random
  • Next track
  • 1 s delay
  • Set playback order to default
  • Wait until 3 tracks played
At this point execution has to to jump to the first action (endless loop).
How could I manage this?
thx for an advice!

Reply #559
@laddie:
Try this (untestet):
  • Start playback
  • Delay 15 min
  • Set volume to 0 dB with fade during 4 s
  • Stop playback
  • Change playlist > Next playlist
  • Start playback from track #1
At this point we would need a jump to the the first action as I asked for in my previous post.

Reply #560
Yeah it seems like that's not possible, which is a bummer.

Reply #561
@laddie

I'm using foo_scheduler heavily, f.e. to jump from one playlist to another and back again to insert random jingles.
remember, you can use any given foobar-command in scheduler. this should make your request possible.

scheduler example actions:

1st action (assuming your active playlist is 'Swing') jumps into playlist 'Signations', flushes playback queue for safety reasons, queues a random signation, jumps back to playlist 'swing' and sets playlist playback order to 'default' for safety.
Launch C:\Program Files\foobar2000\foobar2000.exe /playlist-activate:"Signations" /command:"Flush playback queue" /command:"Enqueue Random" /playlist-activate:"Swing" /command:Default

2nd Action:
15 Minutes Delay

3rd Action:
Launch C:\Program Files\foobar2000\foobar2000.exe /playlist-activate:"Signations" /command:"Flush playback queue" /command:"Enqueue Random" /playlist-activate:"Swing" /command:Default

This way you can combine any given foobar-option. just use the given main-menu-option name.
for those who may not know: pressing SHIFT and clicking on a main menu like 'File' or 'Edit' shows much more options of foobar.

I combine foo_scheduler to trigger other 3rd-party components like foo_random_pools and especially foo_runcmd.

see here for helpful foobar commandline guide http://wiki.hydrogenaud.io/index.php?title=Foobar2000:Commandline_Guide

I guess there's much more power than you think! Best component ever!

Besides your topic, the big issue for me now is that all the actions are executed twice since last component- or foobar-upgrade.
Does anyone experience similar issues?

Reply #562
I've been using foo_scheduler for a while now to manage power on/off on external amplifiers.  I'm using Girder to send X10 commands to an appliance module to either turn on or turn off.  I've put buttons on the menu bar in foobar to send Amp On and Amp Off Now commands to Girder.  That all works well.  I use scheduler to put some automation into managing the amp power. 

In addition to Amp Off Now, which as you probably guessed means turn the amp off now, there is another command Amp Off with starts a timer to turn the amp off in about 15 minutes.  The idea is if I'm not using it, like I've gone to bed, the amp will be shut down and not continue to consume power and warm up the room.  Most of the time it works great, but occasionally the amp will turn off in the middle of playing an album.  Here's an image of the settings in preferences:

It's pretty basic.  Girder has a logger and I can see that it has received the Amp Off command when this happens, so I know it is not Girder.  I suspect it's actually foobar that is the problem and not scheduler, but I'm not sure how to figure it out.  It doesn't seem to matter if I start playing by pressing play or double clicking on a track or if I resume play from pause - it can happen but isn't consistent.  Any help in figuring out how to get the errant command to stop happening would be really appreciated.

Reply #563

Where can I find older versions of scheduler? 4.13 or 4.12!
foo_scheduler 4.14 executes any event twice. the second instance has 2 sec delay.
And anyone got tips how to downgrade and keep settings? My actions- & events-list contains hundreds of elements...

Reply #564
Interesting.  I wonder if the symptoms you are describing are what is causing the Amp Off command after the last Amp On command.  As it happens, I have version 4.06 which I have installed and am testing now to see if the amp still turns off in the middle of active music.  I've put a copy here if you want to try it:

http://www.xsxpress.net/images/foo_scheduler_4-06.zip

Reply #565
The older version did not solve my issue.  I'm pretty sure it's Foobar that's the problem, not scheduler.

Reply #566
This calls for debugging information and logging to be added or enabled in foo_scheduler, to determine which events it's catching are misfiring in your setup. Otherwise, the developer cannot know what is wrong.

Reply #567
This calls for debugging information and logging to be added or enabled in foo_scheduler, to determine which events it's catching are misfiring in your setup. Otherwise, the developer cannot know what is wrong.

Is this something I can do?  I don't see any options for debugging.

Reply #568
I was making an assumption that the developer of the component posts to or watches this topic. It is naturally dependent on them debugging it, and if they can't debug it, giving you the means to debug it, or asking for your foo_scheduler.dll.cfg, if that's where the configuration lives.

It looks like debug logging could be added to the event monitoring, but I'm not sure how much that would help.

Reply #569
Where can I find older versions of scheduler? 4.13 or 4.12!
foo_scheduler 4.14 executes any event twice. the second instance has 2 sec delay.
And anyone got tips how to downgrade and keep settings? My actions- & events-list contains hundreds of elements...
Can you show simple configuration on which you get such behavior? This is very strange.

Reply #570
Is there a way to trigger a file to play every N songs without switching playlists? So I could have it play a certain file after 10 songs then resume on that playlist without disrupting the rest of the schedule?

Also, I know on much older versions you could have it select a certain file with "Select Track" as an option -- that seems to have disappeared?

Reply #571
I'd like to ask, could "Sleep" be added to actions?  I like to go to bed listening to music, then scheduler shutsdown the pc.  If it sleeps it instead, then I could have it wake up the computer at 7am, play a track and be an alarm clock!
Thanks for the great plug in.

Reply #572
I'd like to ask, could "Sleep" be added to actions?  I like to go to bed listening to music, then scheduler shutsdown the pc.  If it sleeps it instead, then I could have it wake up the computer at 7am, play a track and be an alarm clock!
Thanks for the great plug in.
Use "Shutdown" action, you can select "Suspend" option in its configuration dialog.

Reply #573
Hello Andrew,
I want to say thank you for Your plugin.
I have a suggestion, please add another item in the actions menu, namely "Stop action lists" and that was the choice of the leaf to stop.

[/quote]

Reply #574
Hi guys:

I've been using foobar scheduler for a while now and suddenly, the "Launch application" would launch a batch file I had made stopped working. I double checked that the batch file exists and runs. I've tested other batch files and other executables (such as notepad) but nothing happens. All other actions (such as Closing foobar, changing volume, etc) are working just fine. How can I debug / further troubleshoot this?

Thanks in advance.