Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Problem with the Layout not loading properly. (Read 3845 times) previous topic - next topic

Problem with the Layout not loading properly.

Everytime I load foobar after closing it, the top portion of the layout never loads fully.  This also happens when I resize foobar. The only fix is to go mess around with the layout settings and hitting apply.

Reply #1
Looks to me like you've just locked the panels in columns ui. Otherwise, I've no idea.

Reply #2
Just checked, nothing is locked.

Here are my specs if that makes any difference.

Windows XP x64
AMD Athlon X2 4400+
ATI Radeon x1900xt
DFI Lanparty CFX3200-DR Motherboard
2 GB OCZ 3200 EL Plat.
520w OCZ Modstream PSU

I'm suspecting perhaps Win XP x64 is the problem, but I don't know.

Reply #3
Looks to me like you've just locked the panels in columns ui. Otherwise, I've no idea.

[Off-topic] Wow, you just fixed my problem of what Foobar's layout didn't change with resolution changes. Thx 

Reply #4
Foobar will often lose recent changes to your layout if it crashes or you switch to a different layout. In order to ensure foobar saves all your changes, close and re-open foobar after making any significant changes.

So basically.. make foobar look the way you want it, then close it to ensure all the settings are saved.  I have redesigned my layout so many times it probably numbers several hundred and I have never encountered the bug you described as long as I close foobar to save changes.  Also you should click [Save All] instead of simply [Apply]. If you are sure you would like to save your changes.

If you are continuing to experience problems please experiment around with your player and post back what you have discovered instead of simply posting "bump". "bump" is meaningless, most of us who will read your post the second time have read it the first time.  Please provide additional information if you would like a more helpful response.

Did the problem recently start after adding a component? Are you running anything else while running foobar (I've noticed cabal online seems to affect foobar's ability to save a playlist)?  Maybe one of your files are corrupt, have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling a fresh copy of foobar? If you use per-user settings, try resetting the foobar settings in your profile.  I have run foobar on Win2k3/x64 and it appears to work fine for me so I dont think that alone is the source of your problem.  Help us to help you, the more information the better. Please try to be more specific than just your general system specs.

Reply #5
In order to ensure foobar saves all your changes, close and re-open foobar after making any significant changes.
Alternatively, you could use the "Save All" button in the preferences window or the "File/Save Configuration" main menu command. The latter is easiest to use with a keyboard shortcut, or - my preferred way, since it saves me from learning a lot of keyboard shortcuts - with a keyboard shortcut for "File/Run Command..." (provided by foo_runcmd) and typing "save c".

Reply #6
or the "File/Save Configuration" main menu command.

What (where) is that?  You must have a newly made foobar version that didn't get on the site yet

Reply #7
Foosion: The "save all" button will only save the settings entered on the preference page, it will not save the sizes of recently added panels (which at first glace looks like the problem the OP is having). And as roentgen also indicated.. I do not have a File> Save Configuration from the foobar main menu.

EDIT: Further investigation reveals that the "File/Save Configuration" option is available as a command when defining button events or context menu entries. Quick experimentation reveals that this will indeed save the sizes of recently added panels.  You'll need to either add a button, context menu entry, or keyboard shortcut to use it but thanks fusion this is a much better alternative to continually reloading foobar when redesigning :)

Reply #8
Both the "Save All" button as well as the "File/Save Configuration" command - which isn't shown in the main menu, hence the second part of my previous post - save the whole configuration (as well as the media library content and the playlists). This not only includes the options shown on preferences pages, but all kinds of persistent state like playback state, window sizes and positions and - last time I tried - the arrangement of Columns UI panels.

Reply #9
Okay, well I just reinstalled foobar after deleting my saved user settings and the same problem.

And now my seekbar does not appear.

Reply #10
I found the problem!

The ATI Catalyst 6.8 drivers screwed with foobar causing those problems.  Not sure if this happens on non x64 XP, but in my experience it was the x64 6.8 drivers.

6.7 work fine!

And my seekbar works again

Reply #11
Alright, this is really confusing me now.  After a reboot I'm having the exact same problems, with a completely different layout.  Same white blank problem with the seekbar not showing.

I can bring back most of it by grabbing the edge of a panel and resizing it like 1 pixel any way.  This does not bring back the seekbar though.

Reply #12
eNforcer, this is off-topic but I like the buttons you're using. Do you mind sharing?

Reply #14
Thank you

Reply #15
I believe I found the problem for good this time.

The program ATI Tray Tools is conflicting with foobar somehow.

When I have ATT running, then load foobar, the panels are blank.

When ATT is not running and foobar is loaded everything is fine!

I didn't have this problem on WinXP Pro SP2 32bit, so maybe there is something going on between ATT, WinXP x64 and foobar.