Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Batch transcoding to HE-AAC-PS with this tool (Read 388866 times) previous topic - next topic

Batch transcoding to HE-AAC-PS with this tool

Reply #725
I do have to mention that Avery Lee is wrong about AVI not supporting VBR. AVI supports constant bitrate and constant framesize with audio. This is the reason why Vorbis cannot be used (it is neither). MP3/AAC frames are fixed in size (they always decode to the same # of samples), so they CAN be used, even in VBR mode.

http://www.mplayerhq.hu/DOCS/HTML/en/menc-...avi-limitations

Reply #726
Avery is more referring to the Video for Windows framework, not to AVI the container itself. ACM codecs can not work for VBR, and his tool is strictly limited to using this interface for audio.

Christian
matroska project admin

Reply #727
AVI supports constant bitrate and constant framesize with audio. This is the reason why Vorbis cannot be used (it is neither). MP3/AAC frames are fixed in size (they always decode to the same # of samples), so they CAN be used, even in VBR mode.

http://www.mplayerhq.hu/DOCS/HTML/en/menc-...avi-limitations

Isn't that what I've told for years? ... But OGM and MP4 zealots usually refuse to learn anything, which is the main problem.

Reply #728
It's actually more correct to speak about constant frame duration instead of constant frame size. I didn't even notice that you wrote frame size and not duration 

Reply #729
ChristianHJW: oh, really? I didn't know that.
Well, I presume he could provide support for handling VBR audio if he really wanted to anyway, VirtualDubMod and NanDub already proved it can be done.

And okay, I'll say frame duration from now on then alexnoe

Reply #730
There is a bug in FLAC encoding. It isn't lossless at least for transcoding from FLAC to FLAC.  Decompressed WAV files aren't bit identical . The same file encoded by the mediacoder at the same setings each time smaller when it transcoded FLAC to FLAC.

I know it's old discussion but I couldn't communicate to developers neither register on their forums.