Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: [crashware] foo_input_mslive (Read 273036 times) previous topic - next topic

[crashware] foo_input_mslive

Reply #75
you are wrong, the same entry with different urls will only be shown as 1 entry in the foobar playlist, those urls will be added as ref1, ref2, etc. in the properties dialog.
you see 2 entries there is because the asx contains 2 entries, and each of those contains only 1 url.
and for manual editing of asx playlist (customising your own playlist), the current behavior is preferable.

The example asx looks like this:

Code: [Select]
  <entry>
    <DURATION VALUE="24:00:00" />   <!-- 24 h -->
    <ref href="mms://a1367.l672223084.c6722.g.lm.akamaistream.net/D/1367/6722/v0001/reflector:23084" />
  </entry>

<entry>
    <ref href="mms://a623.l672223087.c6722.g.lm.akamaistream.net/D/623/6722/v0001/reflector:23087" />
  </entry>

When you say "the same entry with different urls will only be shown as 1 entry in the foobar playlist": So what you are describing would look like this?

<entry>
    <ref href="mms://a1367.l672223084.c6722.g.lm.akamaistream.net/D/1367/6722/v0001/reflector:23084" />
    <ref href="mms://a623.l672223087.c6722.g.lm.akamaistream.net/D/623/6722/v0001/reflector:23087" />
</entry>

Reply #76
yes, that's correct, I believe this is what wmp does as well.

<entry>
    <DURATION VALUE="24:00:00" />  <!-- 24 h -->
</entry>

will be shown as 1 entry and two references, and

<entry>
  </entry>

<entry>
  </entry>

will be shown as 2 entries

Reply #77
The stream I posted within this topic cuases a strange behaviour.
Foobar seems to load the track. But then it freezes or reacts no more 

Reply #78
The stream I posted within this topic cuases a strange behaviour.
Foobar seems to load the track. But then it freezes or reacts no more 

that's really strange.. it works for me too..
ok, now I will create a special version that will print some message to the console, back to you soon.

Reply #79
try this
make sure you open the console before trying to play, report the message in the console to me.
play with asx, then with direct stream.

Reply #80
I don't think there is an asx available? 

Unable to open item for playback (Invalid path):
"wmp://mms://213.200.75.252/swr$swr2$live.wma"

Have I done someting wrong?
I am using Foobar 9.4 is that the problem?

Reply #81
I don't think there is an asx available? 

"wmp://mms://213.200.75.252/swr$swr2$live.wma"

Have I done someting wrong?
I am using Foobar 9.4 is that the problem?

you didn't read my words in my site, now wmp:// is changed to mslive://
for mms and rtsp the mslive:// is optional.

Reply #82
I installled the mslive version you posted.
If I use mslive://mms://213.200.75.252/swr$swr2$live.wma I get:
Unable to open item for playback (Failed to query IWMReaderAdvanced6 interface):
"mslive://mms://213.200.75.252/swr$swr2$live.wma"

If I use the link with out mslive I got:
"mms://213.200.75.252/swr$swr2$live.wma"

Reply #83
I installled the mslive version you posted.
If I use mslive://mms://213.200.75.252/swr$swr2$live.wma I get:
Unable to open item for playback (Failed to query IWMReaderAdvanced6 interface):
"mslive://mms://213.200.75.252/swr$swr2$live.wma"

If I use the link with out mslive I got:
"mms://213.200.75.252/swr$swr2$live.wma"

right, i see why now, i assumed everybody has the new wmp installed, later I will release an update to solve this, i have another issue regarding to server side playlist to fix now.

Reply #84
First, let me say this is a great plugin. I find myself regularly having to open WMP to listen to streaming audio when at school or wherever, but I really am not a fan of WMP except for video as needed.

As for my issue, I have been trying to use an MSN Radio station, and I am unable to connect.

The URL I am using is:
mslive://http://radio.msn.com/asx/generate.aspx?type=terres&id=10002600

This works fine in WMP, but not in your plugin. The error I get is: "Unable to open item for playback (failed to open stream)". I have been able to connect successfully to some of the other streaming audio sources listed in here though.

Also, I am running Windows XP Pro, WMP 10 and foobar2000 v0.9.3.1.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Reply #86
OK. I got the wmfdist11.exe and extracted it (it's not installable on w2k). Because I don't know what's needed, I've put all wm*.dll into the fb2k directory. Now the connection window on the top left appears, but then fb2k crashes at "Crash location: "wmnetmgr", loaded at 072C0000h - 073C0000h". Probably it won't work with w2k.

EDIT: this also happens with only the wmvcore.dll in the fb2k directory.

Reply #87
@redwolf3,
with the url: mslive://http://radio.msn.com/asx/generate.aspx?type=terres&id=10002600
the component cannot determine if it is asx or stream url, and is assumed as the latter, so it doesn't work.
I will change the code.

your problem give me some real headache, because I just change the handling method of asx like cue sheet, but when I was investigating your report, I found a critical issue.
normally for those stream that is just music (not normal radio show with people talking), a notification will be sent to the client and ask it to switch to another connection or something like that when a track is ended.
but what I found with the asx of the msn radio is... it has 30 entries, and the each of the last entry of that asx will have a reference to another asx that contains another 30 entries and keep on like this, this completely break my implementation.
I need to think of a way to sort this out, but I can promise you, my component will eventually let you listen to that radio music.

@Squeller,
you don't need to install the wmp11 redistribution file, I will change the code back to support wmp9 dlls, I suggest you better get your wmp9 working again before I release another version.
and I just found some issues with the current implementation, like redwolf3's one, probably what you suggested before (show only 1 entry for a single asx) is a solution, but then tagging and changing tracks will not be available at all.
I need to think........

Reply #88
by some observations of how WMP handles recursive asx, I think the best solution is:

only entries in the root asx will be listed in the foobar playlist, and those entries (in the the child asx) will not be listed, but internally get handled.
to make it more clear, if root asx has 10 entries, and the last entry is referencing to a child asx, those entries in the child asx will not be listed, but will be automatically handled by the component. but the disadvantage is that you cannot seek or change tracks in this child asx.

anybody has a better solution or suggestions? I'm about to implement this.

Reply #89
asx in xml format doesn't work for me  I was hoping I could tag entrys with the <TITLE> tag. Is this possible? Got it working...
Can't wait for a HD-AAC encoder :P

Reply #91
For me it's making a few hiccups when you initiate a stream. Also foobar was a few minutes to react when one of the stations appearently pulled the plug...

Besides that it's great

A nice feature could be a tag to adjust replaygain for each station, as volume varies alot.

Another thing: Titles are read from the station instead of the tag when it's playing - Could that be changed?

Reply #92
For me it's making a few hiccups when you initiate a stream. Also foobar was a few minutes to react when one of the stations appearently pulled the plug...

Besides that it's great

A nice feature could be a tag to adjust replaygain for each station, as volume varies alot.

Another thing: Titles are read from the station instead of the tag when it's playing - Could that be changed?

what do u mean "a few hiccups when you initiate a stream" ? if you mean before you can hear any sound, then it's normal, because current version will close the status dialog and wait for the buffering status message to be received, if the server is slow, you will probably wait for a while before the buffering dialog appears.

since the internal data transmission is all done by the wm core, situation like if the server stops sending data while buffering, foobar will seem like halted, I think I can't do anything about this, because the internal of the component is depending on the status message sent by the wm core. that's why I hate slow server very much.

as I know, replaygain needs a scan for the audio stream before it can apply, but how could it be done for streams?

if you look deeper, you'll find the title is only changed in the display, but not the actual asx.
the display will change is because for some streams which only play music by remote playlist, the same title for different songs doesn't make sense.
I can't implement what you are suggesting and the current implementation, because both have their advantages, but I think the latter would be more acceptable. if you are confused by the title, you can reload the info from the properties dialog. but I'll see what I can do in the next release anyway.

Reply #93
as I know, replaygain needs a scan for the audio stream before it can apply, but how could it be done for streams?

ReplayGain are able to scan to calculate the volume by a reference, but during play it just uses a value to increase/decrease volume. I know you can't scan a livestream, but if you are able to pass the value, which it usual reads from the tags, to foobar, it will treat it as normal.
the display will change is because for some streams which only play music by remote playlist, the same title for different songs doesn't make sense.

I'm not sure what you mean - If radio stations are broadcasting the title of the current playing song? That could be a problem, but maybe you could use two different tags in that case? One, if set will always show, and the default "TITLE" which will only show if stopped. Just an idea 

Reply #94
ReplayGain are able to scan to calculate the volume by a reference, but during play it just uses a value to increase/decrease volume. I know you can't scan a livestream, but if you are able to pass the value, which it usual reads from the tags, to foobar, it will treat it as normal.

if you are saying adding a support of allowing the the RG value in the asx and then read while play, this can be done, yes, I can do it.
but I think it's not practical, how do you know the value? you calculate it your own?

I'm not sure what you mean - If radio stations are broadcasting the title of the current playing song? That could be a problem, but maybe you could use two different tags in that case? One, if set will always show, and the default "TITLE" which will only show if stopped. Just an idea 

some radio stations just only keep playing music, and for each song, it has its title/artist/album, do you think it makes more sense if foobar can dynamically change those display?
probably I can add an option to let user choose if to change the title dynamically.

Reply #95
if you are saying adding a support of allowing the the RG value in the asx and then read while play, this can be done, yes, I can do it.
but I think it's not practical, how do you know the value? you calculate it your own?

Trial and error  Some radio stations are just insanely high, and it should only take a few tries to determine a somewhat correct RG value.
some radio stations just only keep playing music, and for each song, it has its title/artist/album, do you think it makes more sense if foobar can dynamically change those display?
probably I can add an option to let user choose if to change the title dynamically.

I thought that the component already did show it dynamically, since it loads the title from the stream during play. I'm not aware of any stations which shows the current playing song through the stream, but maybe someone will find it useful

The reason i'd like to use the tag written in the asx, is that often radio stations are writing crap in the title, which ruins the aesthetics  Personally I think it would be sufficient with the title loaded from asx file, or if that's not entered, showing it from the stream.

Reply #96
Is it possible to get this working/add to the "To do" list?

http://www.txradica.net/emap.php?c=viking-70&.wvx (renaming to .aac works for WMP11 here..), whenever i enter this into fb2k's location, it just keeps saying "failed to open stream". Thought you said it would play anything WMP would as it uses same codecs and stuff?? 

Shame really, as i'd like to be able to get my local radio station working in Fb2k so i don't have to use WMP...

Nice work anyway, and thanks for sharing.

Reply #97
Is it possible to get this working/add to the "To do" list?

http://www.txradica.net/emap.php?c=viking-70&.wvx (renaming to .aac works for WMP11 here..), whenever i enter this into fb2k's location, it just keeps saying "failed to open stream". Thought you said it would play anything WMP would as it uses same codecs and stuff?? 

Shame really, as i'd like to be able to get my local radio station working in Fb2k so i don't have to use WMP...

Nice work anyway, and thanks for sharing.

I don't know how you open it, but it works, as it will direct me to a message saying only UK user is allowed to listen.
I can't test it further because of this reason.

Reply #98
Hmm, now i feel like an idiot. 

mslive://http://www.txradica.net/emap.php?c=viking-70&.wvx Does work, but my firewall was blocking it. I could've sworn i'd turned my Fw off and tried once, with no success..

Sorry for that. Thanks for the quick reply, and thanks for sharing this great component. 

Reply #99
that's fine, as long as it works