Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Library exceeds selection action limit (Read 4363 times) previous topic - next topic

Library exceeds selection action limit

I'm starting a new topic since I'm not actually positive this error message started with the new beta. It appears in my console log when I start up. Now, I'm not actually noticing any problems as a result, so this is more curiousity than anything else. I've included the console log from the most recent startup below, and I've bolded the message I'm wondering about:

Code: [Select]
[18:28:49] Watching: E:\Incoming
[18:28:50] Filter Panel (Album) initialised in: 0.0966433 seconds
[18:28:51] [b]Library exceeds selection action limit[/b]
[18:28:54] Autoplaylists initialized in: 0:01.868558
[18:28:54] "All Music" : 0:01.717142
[18:28:54] "Incoming" : 0:00.151318
[18:28:54] comserver2: Registering class objects succeeded.
[18:28:54] Opening track for playback: "E:\Music\D\Dethklok\2007 - The Dethalbum - 1\07 - Dethklok - Better Metal Snake.mp3"
[18:28:54] Startup time : 0:06.923265
[18:28:56] Watching: E:\Music

Reply #1
Neither foobar2000 v0.9.6 beta 1 core, a few components I use, nor some others I keep for testing contain that message. Some 3rd party component is certainly responsible for that, try searching yourself.
Full-quoting makes you scroll past the same junk over and over.

Reply #2
Well, both a search of these forums and a Google search on the error message yields only these posts, so. However, I suspect you're right about it being a third-party component of some sort; the message goes away when I switch to the Default UI.

Eh, I'm curious, but I'm not quite curious enough to start yanking components out to see what happens, not unless it actually starts causing problems.

Reply #3
The culprit is "foo_playlist_tree_mod", try asking its author about it.

Reply #4
Aha! Thanks!

Reply #5
It's not an error message. It's an information that you defined a query which requires more entries than you specified for the file limit in the preferences. You can find the field on the page for mouse & keyboard settings. The default is 5000.

Reply #6
Console messages should be neither cryptic nor should they lack an indication from which component they are.

Reply #7
Good point, foosion.

fbuser: Maybe you could use something like this instead in the next version
Code: [Select]
[foo_playlist_tree_mod] Playlist "%s" exceeds configured selection action limit.
and perhaps provide the above explanation in a bundled README/FAQ/... file.

Reply #8
You're both right. I thought about both points too when I wrote the answer.