Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: missing mp3s (Read 1175 times) previous topic - next topic

missing mp3s

hi everyone

i have the problem that my f2k is not showing all my mp3 files.
my windows file-browser says, that there are 50703 mp3 files in my music directory, but in f2k there are only 38637 shown ..
why?

i have the newest version of foobar (1.2.2)

sorry for my bad english.

regards, marc

missing mp3s

Reply #1
Are there any other files in you music directory, such as album art or log files or even folders themselves, that are getting counted by Windows Explorer (presumably that's the file browser, and I assume you looked at the directory Properties to count the files)

Some screenshots might help. Otherwise there's not a lot of information about a problem none of us have experienced and you probably won't get an answer.
Dynamic – the artist formerly known as DickD

missing mp3s

Reply #2
hi everyone

i have the problem that my f2k is not showing all my mp3 files.
(...)
sorry for my bad english.

It might be because of missing or inconsistent tags in some of your mp3 files. May I suggest that you try a dedicated tagging program and let that count your music files?
Mp3tag is a nice companion to foobar2000 and supports multiple languages, including your native.