Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Sennheiser HD800: What type of amp do I need? (Read 32352 times) previous topic - next topic

Sennheiser HD800: What type of amp do I need?

Reply #51
Just a short update,  I've been using the HD800's with the E17 / E09K combo for a few months, however I attended a meet recently and spent some time with various amps / combos inc the HDVD800 which made the HD800's really shine. The difference was very noticeable. Also tried a Burson Amp which was a close second.

Thanks,  for the feedback. But I'm sure people here would refuse to rationalize the cost of a 2000$ solid state amp.
The usual counter arguments, is that you've been victim of placebo (only blind test allows to defeat this argument)
or that there's some coloration from the source (then we'd need some measurements  to invalidate or confirm that hypothesis).

Sennheiser HD800: What type of amp do I need?

Reply #52
But I'm sure people here would refuse to rationalize the cost of a 2000$ solid state amp.

Cost has nothing to do with it.  We aren't interested in subjective impressions based on sighted evaluation of audio gear regardless of the price.  Saying amp XYZ makes the HD800 shine is a TOS #8 violation because of the meaningless subjective language and because it wasn't supported by results from a double-blind test.

As such you will have to read that post from the Recycle Bin with the other nonsense posts that made it there from this discussion (as well as others).