Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: How can I sort by artist then album? and change left-click behaviour? (Read 1410 times) previous topic - next topic

How can I sort by artist then album? and change left-click behaviour?

Sorry to ask such a silly question. But when I sort by Artist, (I fixed my track number ordering issue)! Is there a code I can use to make it go Artist>Date of album? So like for Pendulum, it would go Pendulum - Hold Your Colour (2005) Pendulum - In Silico (2008) and Pendulum - Immersion (2010) instead of some wonky order? Right now the code I tried was %album artist%|%album%|%date% but that didn't work. Also another side question. When I left click a track once, it adds it to the queue. Is there a way I can not do that, just have it play down my list from the last track that was playing? Thank you!

Reply #1
Sorry to ask such a silly question. But when I sort by Artist, (I fixed my track number ordering issue)! Is there a code I can use to make it go Artist>Date of album? So like for Pendulum, it would go Pendulum - Hold Your Colour (2005) Pendulum - In Silico (2008) and Pendulum - Immersion (2010) instead of some wonky order? Right now the code I tried was %album artist%|%album%|%date% but that didn't work. Also another side question. When I left click a track once, it adds it to the queue. Is there a way I can not do that, just have it play down my list from the last track that was playing? Thank you!

1. %album artist%|%date%|%album%
2. if i recall correctly there should be something like "playback follows cursor" in the preferences...change this setting

Reply #2

1. %album artist%|%date%|%album%
2. if i recall correctly there should be something like "playback follows cursor" in the preferences...change this setting

For some reason this isn't working. I go to File>Preferences>Media Library>Album List, and then I copy pasted what you said into "Views>by artist" and then I hit apply and OK. I then restart foobar2000, and click the little "Artist" column that sorts my playlist. Still not in order by Artist>Year.

Reply #3
1. no need to restart
2. of course, this won't work, because you specified a sorting method for the library viewer called album list but not for playlists
3. do you want to sort a playlist or an autoplaylist? in the thirst case, select all the tracks > right click > sort by... > %album artist% %date% %album% %discnumber% %tracknumber%
if you want to sort an autoplaylist, edit it...there is a field where you can add the sorting string of your choice

ceterem censio there should be a sticky à la "library viewer vs playlist viewer"