Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Not all ATRAC3 audio files supported (Read 3662 times) previous topic - next topic

Not all ATRAC3 audio files supported

Is Sony's ATRAC3 lossy audio format going to be properly supported in a future version of foobar?  So far, I've got 10 ATRAC3plus files, but only two of them play, one of them only half-way.  Windows Media Player 10, remarkably, plays all 10 of them flawlessly.

Reply #1
There is no open source or otherwise freely available decoder library for Atrac3. Plus, it has that whole inferiority thing going on, at least at 128kbps.

Reply #2
Yeah, I know there's that inferiority thing, proving Sony likes to talk BS (much like Microsoft), but I hate transcoding lossy music no matter what the original format...

Reply #3
Yeah, I know there's that inferiority thing, proving Sony likes to talk BS (much like Microsoft), but I hate transcoding lossy music no matter what the original format...
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=351995"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

How is it you are playing Atrac3 files? There is no native plug-in that I am aware of.