Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Turn the VU Meter (Read 15112 times) previous topic - next topic

Turn the VU Meter

Hi.

Since my VU Meter is wider than the hight, the VU Meter decides to "lay down". I'm wondering if there's a way to get the VU Meter to spike upwards. I'll show what I mean:

This is how it looks now:

This is how I want it to look:

Turn the VU Meter

Reply #1
Put them next to each other and make the VU as narrow as you like.

Turn the VU Meter

Reply #3
perhaps Lesmo16 meant you should put it side by side with the spectrum?

Turn the VU Meter

Reply #4
perhaps Lesmo16 meant you should put it side by side with the spectrum?

Well, that wouldn't look good. The thing is that if I could get it to "stand up" it would look so good...

Turn the VU Meter

Reply #6
I've got to know that you can make Analog VU Meters. Is there a way to make a digital instead? Then I could maybe try to make a kind of copy of the foobar standard VU Meter. Since I think that looks great, and fits in perfectly in my design.

Turn the VU Meter

Reply #9
mire777 told you: http://www.hydrogenaud.io/forums/index.php...st&p=873943

Yes I know, that was a taught. But is there a way to move an image up and down, instead of turning an image 0-360°? I tried, but never came up with a way to do that.

Maybe that is possible?

Maybe you can make Analog VU Meter that looks the same, and move VU where you want. I didn't try this but i think this is possible.
Look at this VU:

But is there a way to move an image up and down, instead of turning an image 0-360°?

You can move image from menu Layout>Left+Right(H) and Layout>Left+Right(V)
So, not possible from menu..
You must make static image..

Turn the VU Meter

Reply #11
If you use the columns ui interface instead of the default ui, you can use the Foo_uie_peakmeter_spectrum
http://www.hydrogenaud.io/forums/index.php?showtopic=61145

This can be vertical-horizontal and even in reverse.

You can try in it default ui if you install also popup panels. View>Popup Panels>New Panel>Peakmeter spectrum.

Well, unfortunately I'm not that interested in the Peak Meter. Thanks for the suggestion anyhow.

Turn the VU Meter

Reply #12
Maybe you can make Analog VU Meter that looks the same, and move VU where you want. I didn't try this but i think this is possible.
Look at this VU:

You can move image from menu Layout>Left+Right(H) and Layout>Left+Right(V)
So, not possible from menu..
You must make static image..

Interesting picture! That solution is kind of what I'm after. But you say "menu Layout>Left+Right(H) and Layout>Left+Right(V)"... Is this in the VUEditor? And what do you mean by "You must make static image"?

Turn the VU Meter

Reply #13
Interesting picture! That solution is kind of what I'm after. But you say "menu Layout>Left+Right(H) and Layout>Left+Right(V)"... Is this in the VUEditor? And what do you mean by "You must make static image"?

I mean, yes you can rotate image from menu(but you can set only horizontaly and verticaly). This doesn't look like how you want from picture..
So you must make VU that looks like you want in the VU editor.

But i don't know is it possible to make this to look exactly like default one?
Here on my Vu you have one needle, maybe if you enlarge that needle you can make it to look and work as default one, and then rotate image in photo Editor how you want and in VU Editor change angle for needle.. i think this is possible..
I like how my VU looks now, so i probably wont change this.
Maybe i can send you a source code if i found..

Turn the VU Meter

Reply #14
I mean, yes you can rotate image from menu(but you can set only horizontaly and verticaly). This doesn't look like how you want from picture..

Here on my Vu you have one needle, maybe if you enlarge that needle you can make it to look and work as default one, and then rotate image in photo Editor how you want and in VU Editor change angle for needle.. i think this is possible..

I would appreciate that, thanks!

The only way I can fairly make this work, is to make a very long needle, place the needle attachment far away from the background with the tip over the background, and then turn the angle. So, this solution still rotates, but gives an illusion that it is just moving up / down, or left / right. So this solution is not that good actually. It would be much better if I could just move the needle, instead of turning it.

Do you understand what I mean?

Turn the VU Meter

Reply #15

I would appreciate that, thanks!

The only way I can fairly make this work, is to make a very long needle, place the needle attachment far away from the background with the tip over the background, and then turn the angle. So, this solution still rotates, but gives an illusion that it is just moving up / down, or left / right. So this solution is not that good actually. It would be much better if I could just move the needle, instead of turning it.

Do you understand what I mean?

Don't know exactly what you mean, you still have correct mesurements for decibels, so this is not illusion actualy.
Needle moves up an down, this is how works, in same way as default, but you only need big needle far away from background..
This is something i didn't try..

Turn the VU Meter

Reply #16
Don't know exactly what you mean, you still have correct mesurements for decibels, so this is not illusion actualy.
Needle moves up an down, this is how works, in same way as default, but you only need big needle far away from background..

I think you are talking about what I mean. This VU Meter is an example of what I mean.

This VU Meter rotates the needle, but I would want to move the needle instead of turning it. If that is possible that is.

Turn the VU Meter

Reply #17

I think you are talking about what I mean. This VU Meter is an example of what I mean.

This VU Meter rotates the needle, but I would want to move the needle instead of turning it. If that is possible that is.

Yes this is VU i have.

When you make VU. That VU stays in that position, even if you enlarge VU window- it wont decide to lay down, if you mean something like this.
When you make VU in Editor(in up position[how you like]) it wont change that position untill you tell him to do that from right click menu..
But if you mean something other than that - then i dont know what you want

Turn the VU Meter

Reply #18
Yes this is VU i have.

When you make VU. That VU stays in that position, even if you enlarge VU window- it wont decide to lay down, if you mean something like this.
When you make VU in Editor(in up position[how you like]) it wont change that position untill you tell him to do that from right click menu..
But if you mean something other than that - then i dont know what you want

I just realized... The M136 Meter doesn't seem to rotate like I taught, it moves (like I want it to)...

A "normal" VU Meter looks like this in the editor, notice 2 red lines:

And the M136 Meter looks like this in the editor, notice 1 red line:

So I'm wondering, how do I get 1 red line, instead of 2?

Turn the VU Meter

Reply #19
I just realized... The M136 Meter doesn't seem to rotate like I taught, it moves (like I want it to)...

A "normal" VU Meter looks like this in the editor, notice 2 red lines:

And the M136 Meter looks like this in the editor, notice 1 red line:

So I'm wondering, how do I get 1 red line, instead of 2?

Right click on red line>edit back pin> x=0 y=49

You have 2 red line on both VU, but second is down and you don't see this, just move with mouse..

Turn the VU Meter

Reply #20
Right click on red line>edit back pin> x=0 y=49

That just moves the cross, like this:

Turn the VU Meter

Reply #21
Oh, wait. It worked if I had nothing loaded!

Thanks for your help mire777.

Turn the VU Meter

Reply #23
Yes.
Post your .bin when you done

Sure. But it'll take a while.

But I have one more question. How am I supposed to make a meter where left and right don't look the same? Like this VU Meter for example.

Turn the VU Meter

Reply #24
Sure. But it'll take a while.

But I have one more question. How am I supposed to make a meter where left and right don't look the same? Like this VU Meter for example.

I'm already made this VU:
(Just set db in editor it's little messed..)

This VU change 'background' light depending on the volume: link