Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Skip Silence based on Tags or x64 Dynamic DSP Plugin (Read 838 times) previous topic - next topic

Skip Silence based on Tags or x64 Dynamic DSP Plugin

I'm working on changing over to foobar2000 x64, and there are only a few things I am still missing in order to replicate the functionality (seems to be a pretty common situation). I have BGM from a game which I listen to fairly often (Deus Ex), but many of the tracks have a large amount of silence (up to 9 seconds) at the beginning which needs to be skipped. The problem is I don't want silence to be skipped on any other tracks in my library and this is not possible without specifying which tracks need it with tags. My solution until this point has been foo_dynamicdsp with the Skip Silence DSP, which I activate only when a certain tag is present. As far as I know, there is no Dynamic DSP component yet for x64. In order to keep the same functionality I have with 32-bit, I would need one of the following:

1. A Skip Silence DSP with a way to activate only when a certain tag is present in the track.
OR
2. A Dynamic DSP that works with x64.

Does anyone know if either of these exist already? If not, would it be possible to recompile Dynamic DSP for x64? I am unable to learn any kind of coding right now. I understand it's kind of a big ask for nothing in return, so I will be patient and I understand that it may not happen. Thank you for reading.

Links to threads about Dynamic DSP:
https://hydrogenaud.io/index.php/topic,96094.0.html
https://hydrogenaud.io/index.php?topic=108904.0
Think millionaire, but with cannons.

Re: Skip Silence based on Tags or x64 Dynamic DSP Plugin

Reply #1
You could put the tracks in their own playlist and use Playlist Attributes (x64) to set DSP. Just an alternative.

Re: Skip Silence based on Tags or x64 Dynamic DSP Plugin

Reply #2
You could put the tracks in their own playlist and use Playlist Attributes (x64) to set DSP. Just an alternative.
I have tried similar, but I also switch between DSPs pretty often for different EQ on my different headphones and my speakers. And I sometimes use different DSP for that playlist (Dolby Headphone, cause it's multichannel) than what I usually use for it. I need it to skip silence on just those tracks no matter which DSP chain I am using (I have this working in 32-bit right now).
Think millionaire, but with cannons.