Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: wavegain and scale question (Read 1865 times) previous topic - next topic

wavegain and scale question

just started reencoding my classical cds and decided to try the scale suggestion  from a few days ago.  it seems to work pretty well with a few exceptions.  in most cases the recommended gain is up, so if analysis shows greater than 32678 (with no clipping disabled) then I click on the hard limiter and process the file and then encode. i,m getting 89 every time but sometimes mp3 gain wants to turn the gain down -1.5 anyway. I seems that's on the more dynamic files that are nearer to 32678. should i ignore it?

btw-thanks to john 33 for wavegain

wavegain and scale question

Reply #1
You're welcome!! 

Unless you're actually hearing a problem, which is very unlikely, I think it's safe to say that you can ignore it.