Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: How can I mux MP3Pro audio with DivX video? (Read 3112 times) previous topic - next topic

How can I mux MP3Pro audio with DivX video?

I want to create a DivX movie with MP3Pro audio 64kbps. It has the best quality than all the other formats I used (aac,ogg,wma).In higher bitrates, maybe the others are better but in 64 there is no rival. So, I want to mux the audio of a movie, encoded with mp3Pro, with the video (encoded with DivX 5).Anyone knows of a container supporting this? The .avi format can hadnle mp3 audio, but I suspect that it will "see" the mp3pro as standard mp3 (like winamp does without the plugin).Is there a way to make this combination work?

Reply #1
The AVI container format should work fine, but you would need a DirectShow filter for mp3PRO, or else it will play it back as a regular MP3 (with crappier quality). I doubt that such a DirectShow filter exists, after all I don't think the decoder's open source.

Maybe if there's a multimedia player that handles mp3PRO decoding internally? (Without the need of any DirectShow filter?)

Reply #2
did you try the Pre RC4 Releases of vorbis? I my opinion it beats mp3pro quite easily!

And why do want a video with such a low Audio Bitrate? It would be quite inacceptable for me!

Reply #3
There is no MP3Pro DirectShow Filter and there will never be one, due to the fact that it is a closed and patented format.
MP3Pro is totally useless. Try the new ogg-builds and mux the video into an ogg-container using Koepi's Oggmux.
dev0
"To understand me, you'll have to swallow a world." Or maybe your words.

Reply #4
You may want to consider upping your bitrate to 128. The impact on the video is nominal, and the improvement in the sound is very noticeable.

As long as you are using some kind of 2 pass vbr video encode, you won't miss those bits unless it is a really long segment. Or you can just drop the resolution a notch.

At 64kbit you may lose surround info, no matter what format you use.

Reply #5
Originally posted by Benjamin Lebsanft
did you try the Pre RC4 Releases of vorbis? I my opinion it beats mp3pro quite easily!

You are right! It is great! I had a RC3 release. I used the RC4 release (oggenc v. 0.95) and the sound quality is excellent!
Thanks a lot!