Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Wavpack --> Help with command line (Read 13671 times) previous topic - next topic

Wavpack --> Help with command line

First, hi everybody 

I have searched the forum for help but still I can´t make wavpack work properly in EAC. I mean, it works but something strange happens. I have tried many different command lines to no avail. Of course I can rip the wav and then use the frontend to suit my purposes but I don´t want that. I want EAC to do the whole thing.

I want to make a hybrid rip and tag the file at the same time.

I am using this command line:

-b320 -c -w "CUESHEET=@CDImage.wv.cue" -w "Artist=%a" -w "Album=%g" -w "Date=%y" -w "Genre=%m" -w "Comment=Exact Audio Copy & WavPack 4.2" %s %d

I still don´t know what is wrong with it. After the rip I get this files:

CDImage.wv.cue
CDImage.wv.wv  Should not it be just CDImage.wv ????
And the most puzzling:
Ctmp1!542.wvc  ¿¿????

Why is not the name CDImage.wvc???

Note: the *.wv file is tagged correctly. I play in Foobar and the names of the tracks show properly.

Where do I go wrong??

Thanks in advance and I am sorry if the topic was already delat with but I could not track it, sorry.

Can anybody give the correct command line for EAC?

Greetings from Spain. 

Reply #1
Check out the wiki,it gives you a step by step complete with pictures.

Reply #2
Check out the wiki,it gives you a step by step complete with pictures.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=321395"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I saw the wiki and still I can´t make it out, sorry. I guess I am dumb 

Tried the command line in wiki but the tracks were not tagged. The image was tagged but I do not wnat that, I want Foobar to show individual tracks.

I´ll keep on fighting but help is appreciated.

Reply #3
Did you check the CRC box? IIRC it's necessary to check it in order to make .wvc correction file having the same name than the .wv lossy file.

Reply #4
Hi. Sorry about this, I just noticed that the HA Wiki does not show the new feature I added to support EAC and the correction file name problem. Until I update that, this post has the info:

http://www.hydrogenaudio.org/forums/index....ndpost&p=239544

Basically you just have to add a %o to the end of your command line. Hopefully that will fix it. If it doesn't, post again and I'll actually try it. 

As for the CDimage.wv.wv problem, that is an EAC issue with two-letter extensions. It's ugly, but it shouldn't cause trouble.

BTW, if quality is important to you, I usually recommend adding either -h or -x to the command-line you posted. The -x option will slow encoding way down, but won't slow decoding at all. The -h option will slow down both about 2x. Both will improve both the lossy file's quality and the overall compression, but, of course, it's up to you. 

Reply #5
Hi all again and thanks for help 

Bryant

I have now used this commmand line:

-hb320 -c -w "CUESHEET=@CDImage.wv.cue" -w "Artist=%a" -w "Album=%g" -w "Date=%y" -w "Genre=%m" -w "Comment=Exact Audio Copy & WavPack 4.2" %s %d %o

I added h and %o to the command line.

Now it works but there is something wrong with the tagging. Something strange happens with the tags. I play the CDImage.wv.wv file and all the tracks but the first one have the same name ¿¿??
All the tracks from number 2 onwards have the same name (the name of track #2). If I double click to listen then the real name of the songs appears ¿¿??

Anyway, I fixed the bug by removing one *.wv extension and then the names show OK.
And of course, CDImage.wv.wvc has to be renamed to CDImage.wvc

It is a  little annoying thing for rippers because you have to remember to fix the extension thing. The same happens with FLAC. If you use EAC directly to rip, then you get a *.flac.flac file. This is a very big problem if the ripper does not fix the matter before packing the file.
When a "noob" gets such a double-extension file and his computer is not set to see extensions, there is no way he can burn the image unless he fixes it first.

Of course the best solution is that the ripper should take of it.

Greetings again and thanks for patience

Reply #6
I think maybe you are seeing foobar2000 database issues. Remember that foobar stores tag information in its internal database, so if you change tag information outside foobar (or re-rip) then it can get confused. I get this often when I am experimenting. Just select all the tracks and then right click --> database  --> Reload info from files(s).

I think that this is why when you eliminated the extra ".wv" from the filenames the problems went away. It didn't have that filename in its database and so it reloaded from scratch. I don't have problems here with the extra ".wv".

I agree that the extra ".wv" is stupid, but I assume that you are going to rename the files anyway, right? Or are you going to have your hard drive full of files called CDimage.wv? I ask because I don't normally use image files myself, but my few have names like "10cc - How Dare You.wv".

Reply #7
For noobs starting out with EAC and WavPack I put together a new EAC command-line parameter that is able to take advantage of some of the EAC provided options to work with lossless, lossy and hybrid modes (but not cuesheets for now):

Code: [Select]
%l-h%l %h-hb%r%h %s %d %c-c %o%c -w "Artist=%a" -w "Title=%t" -w "Album=%g" -w "Year=%y" -w "Track=%n" -w "Genre=%m"

Specifically, the following other controls work:

Low quality  ---> enables lossless mode (-h)
High quality  ---> enables hybrid mode (-h)

In hybrid mode, the Bit rate control works with useful settings at 192, 224, 256, and 320 kbps and the Use CRC check option turns on the "correction" file (but don't select this in lossless mode or you'll get an error).

If you want to change some details (like using -x instead of -h or >320 kbps) it should be easy to edit. If this seems to work okay for people I'll update the HA Wiki.

Reply #8
For noobs starting out with EAC and WavPack I put together a new EAC command-line parameter that is able to take advantage of some of the EAC provided options to work with lossless, lossy and hybrid modes (but not cuesheets for now):

%l-h%l %h-hb%r%h %s %d %c-c %o%c -w "Artist=%a" -w "Title=%t" -w "Album=%g" -w "Year=%y" -w "Track=%n" -w "Genre=%m"

[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=321616"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Seems like a long command line.  I use EAC to rip to wavpack lossless, all I use is
-hx2m %s %d -w "artist=%a" -w "album=%g" -w "tracknumber=%n" -w "title=%t" -w "date=%y" -w "genre=%m"

It works wonderfully.  The other command line looks complicated.  Just seems like it could be simpler, but perhaps I have misread something.  I'm also not trying to use cuesheets or lossy/hybrid modes though.

Reply #9
Seems like a long command line.  I use EAC to rip to wavpack lossless, all I use is
-hx2m %s %d -w "artist=%a" -w "album=%g" -w "tracknumber=%n" -w "title=%t" -w "date=%y" -w "genre=%m"

It works wonderfully.   The other command line looks complicated.  Just seems like it could be simpler, but perhaps I have misread something.  I'm also not trying to use cuesheets or lossy/hybrid modes though.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=321619"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

David´s command line is longer because it assigns different WavPack options to the EAC  selectable options. This is ofcourse helpfull for beginners of EAC/WavPack, since it makes it possible to for example change from lossless (-h) to hybrid mode (-h), with just a click of a button(high/low quality buttons), and to change the bitrate in hybrid mode by just using the bitrate dropdown box... This way beginners don't have to learn the different commandlines of what they want to do, but can instead just press the appropriate button in EAC...

-Martin.

Reply #10
It is a  little annoying thing for rippers because you have to remember to fix the extension thing. The same happens with FLAC. If you use EAC directly to rip, then you get a *.flac.flac file.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=321461"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I was curious as to whether someone has found a workaround for the double extensions.  It's a bit of a pain to have to go and rename your files once the EAC rip is done.

Reply #11
Ooh... I just thought of something for FLAC, at least.  Since the problem seems to lie with EACs handling of file extensions that are not three characters (two character .wv or four character .flac for example), how about just using a three character extension? I suppose .fla is also a valid extension for FLAC files, so one could probably just as well use that extension instead.  Could anyone here see a problem with that?

Either that or get Andre Wiethoff to fix this eccentricity of EAC.
Maybe I'll donate more money to him when he's feeling ambitious, or not too busy.  He graciously did add a feature in for me (which to this day remains a hidden feature) where you can paste in all the track titles of a CD at once using a key combination "CTRL+SHIFT+V".

Reply #12
odd... if I change the extension to .fla, it seems to not finish renaming the file and deleting the original wav after it's done encoding.  I wonder why that  wouldn't work...

Reply #13
Basically you just have to add a %o to the end of your command line.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=321405"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I want to highlight this fact. David is referring to the new parameter to get .wvc files named correctly -- it comes at the end in EAC, like so ...%s %d %o

But just as important, I discovered tonight that you need to remove the %o when you remove the -c switch. Or else the encoder won't start after the extraction is done.

Reply #14
Hi there,

I've got also a question about commandline. 
Using the WavPack Frontend I can choose between:

• very fast
• fast
• normal
• high

Kompression

Commandline Switch for high is "h", and for fast "f" ,,,, but what are the switches for very fast and normal ??

BTW: WavPack Rules

Redman - Dr. Trevis [Dare Iz A Darkside / #01]  (1:37)  [foobar2000 v0.8.3] [Wavpack@772kbps]

Reply #15
Hi there,

I've got also a question about commandline.  
Using the WavPack Frontend I can choose between:

• very fast
• fast
• normal
• high

Kompression

Commandline Switch for high is "h", and for fast "f" ,,,, but what are the switches for very fast and normal ??

BTW: WavPack Rules

Redman - Dr. Trevis [Dare Iz A Darkside / #01]  (1:37)  [foobar2000 v0.8.3] [Wavpack@772kbps]
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=342596"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Hi,

"normal"-compression is default-compression is no compression-switch
Don't know what is "very fast"-compression.

Cya Ryushi

Reply #16
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=342596"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

An old version of WavPack had a "very fast" mode and the switch was -ff, but this option no longer exists. Now -ff is the same as -f. And as Ryushi said, the normal mode is had by simply not adding -h or -f.

Reply #17
Thanks, problem solved. 

Greets