Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: foo_softplaylists (Read 243312 times) previous topic - next topic

foo_softplaylists

Reply #425
Whatever LastFM is doing now it seems to have broken the patched version :/

foo_softplaylists

Reply #426
What last.fm is doing is migrating to the "new site". It's broken A LOT of things. Tons of people are having issues related to the API. A lot of songs now have two copies, for example http://i.imgur.com/jocqvyn.png 

People are reporting missing artists and scrobbles. Personally for me, the only issue I've found is that some songs are broken into multiple copies which results in lower scrobbles than it should (in the image I linked, my "actual" scrobbles are based off the 130 one, it seems. Foobar accurately has it at 317 since it won't update if the number is lower, but it won't go up since it's reading 13X from last.fm now).

Anyway, my point is that it might not even be worth troubleshooting until the new site is more stable. They've given an estimate of "several months". There's a lot of outrage and even a petition to revert back to the old site.

foo_softplaylists

Reply #427
Fyi, It is working once again

foo_softplaylists

Reply #428
Well after several months from the last FM server migration it seems that anything new (aka released after the server migration) will not generate level 1 soft playlists, Disturbed's new one will not generate anything but top tracks. I kind of get the feeling I'm part of a dying breed that still keeps music on my computer, it seems the rage now is just going to strait streaming, but maybe just maybe for some of us old schoolers some of this can be looked into and updated... /shrug

Re: foo_softplaylists

Reply #429
Hi. I have found that setting to 1 "similar track feed limit" gets me more similar tracks so I assume that this is the objective of that parameter. I had only five and now I got thirty eight.

I do not understand, though, how can I create a playlist of a certain tag, any help? Thanks.
Yes, the avatar it is the cover of «The City» by Vangelis.

Reply #430
HI. I have found a bug. When I try to change back the recurrence from one to zero, it crashes.

Reply #431
Component no longer appears to be working in terms of generating lists. No matter what I try I get the result:

"foo_softplaylists: failed to download Last.fm Similar Artists feed for artist 'X': possibly unknown artist name"

Reply #432
Component no longer appears to be working in terms of generating lists. No matter what I try I get the result:

"foo_softplaylists: failed to download Last.fm Similar Artists feed for artist 'X': possibly unknown artist name"

Seems to be working again

Reply #433
LOL. I just found it.

On the first category you have; Last Top Tracks then, inside this one,  Top Tracks and Custom Tags (set by you)

Bye.

PS: ;((

Reply #434
Hi everyone,
it seems that the plugin is not supporting anymore the creation of playlists: i am trying but it gives only empty playlists. anyone has the same problem? suggestions?
bye :)

Reply #435
Mine works. Of course I get empty playlists if there are no matches in my library. Are you sure that's not the problem?
I'm late

Reply #436
you're right!
i was trying to find the list of an artist whose discography was in a portable HD, not in my library.
thank you davideleo !!!
 ;)

Reply #437
I thought it would scrobble my tracks and then give me back similar recommendations but apparently that is not the case...
so this is useless for me...

Re: foo_softplaylists: last.fm data format not as expected!

Reply #438
Hi folks,

I' think, I'm using a patched version, but can't remember which one.
Installed Components shows:
Code: [Select]
Soft Playlists 2012-10-10 foo_softplaylists
About shows:
(C) 2009-2010 Johan De Bock

I tried to update before wasting your precious time, but checking the last threads did'nt help:
Did you try the patched version in post #387?
Have fun with it  :
https://www.dropbox.com/s/cf0p2mdpzpwfhco/f...lists-source.7z
Both give a 404 on the Dropbox folder.

So here I read, that the component might still work:
it seems that the plugin is not supporting anymore the creation of playlists: i am trying but it gives only empty playlists. anyone has the same problem? suggestions?
Mine works. Of course I get empty playlists if there are no matches in my library. Are you sure that's not the problem?

I have matches in my Library, but they're not found because the component has an error.

This is what I get when selecting the context-menu "Last.fm -> get Artits top tracks"
name, mbid or playcount values on a track are not strings; last.fm data format not as expected!

Anyone has a working component, or a replacement for the function
"get artists top tracks"
"get similar artists top tracks"
because this is, what I'm trying to do mainly with this component: creating playlists from my library with similar artists tracks of the currently listened song.

Any help is much appreciated!

Reply #439
I have a previous version which I use only for the love and ban commands. I just tested the playlist commands and those in the context menu work perfectly, those in the main menu don't.
I'm late

Reply #440
I have a previous version
Do you mind to share the .dll so I can test if it is working here too ?

(P.S. I accidentially found foo_bestversion to be able to do one part of what I'm looking for. A newer version is on GitHub, and not the outworn version from the foobar2000s component pages.
The component foo_bestversion uses the same contextual menu as foo_softplaylist, so it was kinda unclear for me, which contextual menu entry was from what component and which one was new and which one did not work properly.... after deinstalling foo_softplaylist, now only foo_bestversion generates last.fm playlists. sadly, it only generates lists for similar tracks of the current song or the artists top tracks. similar aritsts top tracks would generare soooo much more diversified playlists.)

Reply #441
I have a previous version
Do you mind to share the .dll so I can test if it is working here too ?

Sure! Unfortunately I cannot find the fb2k-component file, so this is the dll I have in my user-componets folder which has to be installed manually.
By the way, I tested the 2012 version, and it works, too.
I'm late

Reply #442
Thank you.
Your installed Components shows:
Soft Playlists 2011-02-05 foo_softplaylists
About shows:
(C) 2009-2010 Johan De Bock

On my normal f2k installation I got "bad allocation" trying "Artist Top Tracks" or "Similar Artist Top Tracks".

On a clean install it works fine. So I tested my component with a clean install and it worked well too.... *grrrr*

Oh Lord, how I hate this 90s sh!t... Its like workin with windows95 again...

Ok, I know what to do... trying to find the component or the playlist, which causes the problem with foo_softplaylists.

Thank you for pointing me in the direction, I never wanted to go anymore....

Reply #444
Unfortunately I cannot find the fb2k-component file, so this is the dll I have in my user-componets folder which has to be installed manually.
foo_softplaylists.fb2k-component - https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B-52fIoCowfjdFNtMlJnMk9UVGM

Thanks! I actually have this one and as far as I understand fuffi has it, too. What I meant is I cannot find the fb2k-component file, of the 2011 version.
I'm late

Reply #445
I actually have this one and as far as I understand fuffi has it, too. What I meant is I cannot find the fb2k-component file, of the 2011 version.

Ok, maybe try this one ~https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B-52fIoCowfjcXB4cTVtVmxYZjA
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?  ;~)

Reply #446
As long as its a "patched" component, only the API Key changes, am I right?

Reply #447
On my normal f2k installation I got "bad allocation" ...
[...]
Ok, I know what to do... trying to find the component or the playlist, which causes the problem with foo_softplaylists.
For the sake of completeness, deleting *all* my Library and Playlists did the job.

That was, removing the "playlists-v1.3" and the "library" folders from the foobar2000 program folder (or renaming them to *.bak).
After that, no bad allocation anymore while reading from the library.

Reply #448
Hello again :-)

does anybody kwow, if this feature(?) of foo_softplaylists is obsolete or not working anymore?
When looking at the f2k console, I always get a
foo_softplaylists: feed downloading: error
foo_softplaylists: failed to download Last.fm Playlists feed for user 'foo' possibly wrong username
when clicking on OK, while in f2k->Preferences->Tools->Soft Playlists configuration window.

I seems, I actually trigger a feature of the component, but which?

The Username/PW is correctly entered, its the same, as I use for the last.fm audioscrobbler component, which is working fine.

Reply #449
I'm getting the same error.  I thought this feature was part of the foo_audioscrobbler component at first.  I use foo_softplaylists to get a bunch of songs I like onto a USB stick for my car.  If there's another component that can do this it'd be very helpful.