Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: What should be my command line for encoding to FLAC with EAC v0.99pb5? (Read 4064 times) previous topic - next topic

What should be my command line for encoding to FLAC with EAC v0.99pb5?

This is the command line I should write to V0.99 prebeta 5 version of EAC for flac?

-6-V-T "ARTIST =% a"-T "TITLE =% t"-T "ALBUM =% g"-T "DATE ​​=% y"-T "TRACKNUMBER =% n"-T "GENRE =% m "-T" COMMENT =% e "% s-o% d

Reply #1
Code: [Select]
-6 -V -T "ARTIST=%a" -T "TITLE=%t" -T "ALBUM=%g" -T "DATE=%y" -T "TRACKNUMBER=%n" -T "GENRE=%m" -T "COMMENT=%e" %s -o %d
🇺🇦 Glory to Ukraine!

Reply #2
thanks 

Reply #4
As a semi-tangential reply to this topic: EAC is written such that with other codecs (such as the Ogg Vorbis encoder), there are absolutely no command line parameters necessary unless you want to add something "extra" (such as a comment tag), but not for the norms like "artist", "title", "album", "track", etc.  It really really REALLY bugs me that they won't simply update it so that it works correctly with the FLAC encoder in the same way.

Reply #5
Do you mean that EAC has native support for writing Vorbis Comment tags, instead of leaving this to the command-line encoder? I’ve never heard of it being able to write anything besides ID3 tags; but even if the former format were supported, you’d have no problem inasmuch as FLAC uses exactly that type of tag.