Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: CUI filter—show compilations of chosen artist w/o adding 1off artists? (Read 1922 times) previous topic - next topic

CUI filter—show compilations of chosen artist w/o adding 1off artists?

Hi, I have a very large, well tagged music library and am trying to improve my user experience.

Basically, all my mp3s have a blank %album artist% meta value unless it is a multi-artist compilation, in which case I use "(Various Artist)" in the %album artist% meta value.  Then the %artist% value is used for the track artist in those compilations.

Therefore, in my Artist filter I use
Code: [Select]
$swapprefix(%album artist%,the)
as to avoid having a bunch of artists with only 1 song of so.

I would like to make one change but am having problems coding it.

Basically, I want to be able have it so that when i click an artist in the filter, if they have a song on a compilation, the album is in the playlist view.  However, I do not want the hundreds of one off artists in the filter view.

Take this example:
Artist X & Y are in compilation A

I have 3 albums by X but zero by Y

X passes the
$swapprefix(%album artist%,the)
filter so you see X's name in the filter list
but you don't see Y in the filter list, because they only have a song in A, a compilation

Click on X and it shows 3 albums, but not album A, because of how the filter works

How do i get album A on the list of X?  without also also adding artist Y to the Artists list
[/b]

I thought
$if($meta(album artist),$swapprefix(%album artist%,the),$swapprefix(%artist%,the))
would work, but nope

Reply #1
someone? please?

Reply #2
I'd try adding a $strchr with the meta, because you want to search for files containing "the" in that metafield. Then the if function could include and execute the else option. I am still a novice at TF, but to me it looks your code will not work for exactly that reason.

Reply #3
use 2 filters and configure the first one with something like this

$if2($meta(album artist),<albums>)

then have a 2nd filter configured to show just the artist. then when you select <albums>, your 2nd filter won't contain any of the compilation albums.