Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Is there a program to cut an MP4/AAC file according to a cue sheet? (Read 8720 times) previous topic - next topic

Is there a program to cut an MP4/AAC file according to a cue sheet?

Hi,

Is there a utility that does for AAC/MP4 what musicutter or mp3 Direct Cut do with MP3, i.e., cut one long AAC/MP4 CD image according to a cuesheet?

Thanks

MrGou

Reply #1
nope. at least it's unknown. the amount of atoms and header stuff in an mp4 file could be the reason nothing has been made yet...

Reply #2
Try QuickTime pro with pass through option.

Reply #3
just for others who come here from google (like me), here's the answer: YAMB. it cannot use a cuesheet though, you'll have to do it one by one.

Reply #4
BeSplit - with the CUE File Splitter front end - can do it, although there are limitations, the main one being that the file must be raw AAC, not in an MP4 container, so it can't apply tags.

You'll have to remux to .mp4 afterwards (I use mp4box with a FOR/DO command line) and then tag manually (mp3tag works well).
"Not sure what the question is, but the answer is probably no."

Reply #5
What I used to do is load the cue file that relates to the mp4/aac file in foobar and then transcode the original to individual tracks.

Not the best way quality wise, but it was pretty easy and was able to save the tag info.
JXL