Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: foo_tradersfriend (Read 142659 times) previous topic - next topic

foo_tradersfriend

Reply #125
Recently, Live Show Tagger has been exhibiting a strange behavior. It reads the text file just fine (all titles appear), but it tags all songs with the track number and title of the first song.

Any idea why this is happening?

foo_tradersfriend

Reply #126
^
I get that, too.  Not sure why.

foo_tradersfriend

Reply #127
Live Show Tagger 0.7

I have updated the component for foobar2000 1.0. This includes updates to the preferences page, the context menu commands and the tagging routines to integrate with newer APIs. If you encounter any problems, please report them here. If they are related to a specific show and that show is available publicly on a site like the Live Music Archive, a link to the show would be most welcome.

Download from my site or the official foobar2000 components site.

foo_tradersfriend

Reply #128
Live Show Tagger 0.7

I have updated the component for foobar2000 1.0. This includes updates to the preferences page, the context menu commands and the tagging routines to integrate with newer APIs. If you encounter any problems, please report them here. If they are related to a specific show and that show is available publicly on a site like the Live Music Archive, a link to the show would be most welcome.

I have waited too long to thank you for this component.  There is no way all of my live music could ever have been tagged and organized without it.  I just did a quick search and to date it has tagged close to 10,000 tracks for me! 

Thanks again!!!!!!

EDIT (a suggestion/request)
Is there any way to add two new tags to the component?  I tag all of my live music with a Venue (i.e. 'The Fillmore') and a location ('San Francisco, CA'). 

Right now I just add in the location (the the Properties dialog after the Live Show Tagger does it's thing, but to be able to do that automatically would save a step in the process (for me at least).

The other tag that is missing is Genre.  I know that this is never in the Text files that the component pulls from, but if it could be manually entered into the Live Show Tagger window, it would make one less step of having to go into the tracks properties and add in the Genre later.

Just my suggestions...

Thanks again for the great component!

foo_tradersfriend

Reply #129
Live Show Tagger 0.7

Thanks so much for this component. I'm wondering, though, what happened to the context menu command to autonumber tracks. As I mentioned earlier, a lot of shows have all the tracks numbered "01". Once I autonumber, LST works fine, but it was nice to have it on the context menu.

foo_tradersfriend

Reply #130
Thanks for this great component.

Although it appears that version 0.7.1 is available, the download still seems to be version 0.7.

foo_tradersfriend

Reply #131
Don't worry, the component only accidentally reports version 0.7 despite it has been updated, IIRC.
Full-quoting makes you scroll past the same junk over and over.

foo_tradersfriend

Reply #132
That's good news.

The built in foobar troubleshooter (I think that's what it's called) reports that my recent crashes may be caused by an out of date version of the Trader's Friend component.

Your (Yirkha's) excellent autoupdate component also is requesting that the Trader's Friend be updated.  Based on your explanation, that's understandable, though.

foo_tradersfriend

Reply #133
This thing is AWESOME (just discovered it)!

Couple of questions:

'Revert' is always grayed out, should it work?

Can I upload the track names without altering any of the other information (I have band names and 'Album' names set up already as I want that will not match the info in the txt files)?

Can I not have the disc # show in track # (currently it shows 1/01 for disc one, track one - would like just 01)?

Thanks!

foo_tradersfriend

Reply #134
The revert function was never implemented.

Can I upload the track names without altering any of the other information (I have band names and 'Album' names set up already as I want that will not match the info in the txt files)?
The component always sets all fields. If you want to preserve some of the old values, you have to use a work-around. Open a properties window in foobar2000 for the album before applying the new values in foobar2000. Then open another properties window. You can then use copy&paste to transfer the values you want to keep.

Can I not have the disc # show in track # (currently it shows 1/01 for disc one, track one - would like just 01)?
Show where - in the playlist view?

foo_tradersfriend

Reply #135
The revert function was never implemented.

The component always sets all fields. If you want to preserve some of the old values, you have to use a work-around. Open a properties window in foobar2000 for the album before applying the new values in foobar2000. Then open another properties window. You can then use copy&paste to transfer the values you want to keep.

Show where - in the playlist view?

I'll figure out the workarounds, thanks!

As far as the last question (for now...), when I bring up the Live show tagger window, if the text file shows 'Disc 1' <songlist> then 'Disc 2' <songlist> the Live show tagger shows # 1/01 (for disc 1/song 01), but it doesn't seem to show that way in the tags, so I'm good...

The only problem with this is now I want to update all those show tags...this could be a while

foo_tradersfriend

Reply #136
I recently updated to the new 0.7.1.  The problem reported in postings #126 and 127 remains:  Live Show Tagger appears to process the correct information but it retags all songs the same as the first one.  I might was well do everything manually instead.  Any ideas?

Using Windows 7, 32 bit.

foo_tradersfriend

Reply #137
The new 0.7.1 is the same as the old 0.7.1, except that it has the correct version number in it.

foo_tradersfriend

Reply #138
I recently updated to the new 0.7.1.  The problem reported in postings #126 and 127 remains:  Live Show Tagger appears to process the correct information but it retags all songs the same as the first one.  I might was well do everything manually instead.  Any ideas?

Using Windows 7, 32 bit.

I'm getting this problem too, using Vista Business SP1.

foo_tradersfriend

Reply #139
I've just discovered this wonderful little addon for foobar.

Unfortunately, I too find that all tracks are tagged as the first track :-(

XP Pro/SP2 / foobar2000 1.1 / Live Show Tagger 0.7.1 / Masstagger 1.8.4

foo_tradersfriend

Reply #140
I've just discovered this wonderful little addon for foobar.

Unfortunately, I too find that all tracks are tagged as the first track :-(

XP Pro/SP2 / foobar2000 1.1 / Live Show Tagger 0.7.1 / Masstagger 1.8.4

It works!

I selected one track rather than all of them --  the first track -- and it was tagged correctly.

I then selected the second track and expected it to also be tagged as track #1, but it wasn't it was tagged properly.

I selected track #3 and #4 together, and they were tagged properly too.

I then selected all the remaining tracks, and they were all tagged correctly!

Whoopee!

foo_tradersfriend

Reply #141
I tried this component and it worked very well on a set of FLAC files.

Then just now I tried it on .SHN files and it reports "access denied" and list the filenames of the .SHN files, when I try to write the information that the component correctly found in the .txt file.

Frankly, foobar2000 seems to have none of the "don't write tags" options or any other of the preferences described earlier in the thread - I read the whole thread before posting this message.

I am using foo_input_shorten for the SHN files.

How do I get it to write the .TAG file instead of trying to write into the .SHN files (I agree with the earlier statement that it is better to write an external tag file, so MD5s still match, etc.).

Thanks !

foo_tradersfriend

Reply #142
Is the directory with your Shorten files writeable? That's were foo_input_shorten will create the .tag files.

foo_tradersfriend

Reply #143
Is the directory with your Shorten files writeable? That's were foo_input_shorten will create the .tag files.

Thanks !  That was the problem.  The directory was copied from a DVD-R I had stored it on, so the directory was read-only by default.

However, the same directory did see the same problem as some reported above, specifically that all tracks after Track 01 are marked "01/01" in the left pane, and then are tagged with the same metadata as Track 01.  This is repeated for CD2, i.e. all tracks  on CD2 get the metadata for CD2 Track 01.

If I manually remove the metadata for a track, and do it individually, it still shows "1/01" in the left pane and gets Track 01 metadata.  BUT, if I manually enter the correct track number, i.e. "03" and then do live show tagger for that track only, then the left pane will show "1/03" and then will get the correct metadata from the txt file.

My two previous successful uses were both without "disk number", so maybe that has something to do with it.  In other words, it seems to work if the left pane is "01" "02" etc. but not if it is "1/01".

BTW, the filename format for the one with this problem is:

[artist initials][date in numeric format]CD1TRK01.shn

PS  Thanks for writing this component !

foo_tradersfriend

Reply #144
It sure would be great if there was a way of writing external .tag files for .flac files.  For me, maintaining .md5 integrity is more important that tagging.  Some trading communities require that the .md5 matches regardless of the .ffp.

foo_tradersfriend

Reply #145
deleted

foo_tradersfriend

Reply #146
Hi,

I have a text file which is as follows. When I open your tagging interface, all files are listed. Then I load the file in, and the fields on the right fill with the correct information, but the tracks on the left disappear. Why would this be? The files are of the filename format dtb2003-12-31d1t01.flac.

The Derek Trucks Band
12-31-03
The Visulite Theater, Charlotte, NC

Disc 1
1. New Year's Soul Stew
2. Everything is Everything
3. Sahib Teri Basi>Nusrat Jam
4. Time Will Heal
5. Willisee-> Angola
6. For My Brother
7. Vol. Slavery

Disc 2
Second Set:
1. Countdown
2. Preachin' Blues
3. Hey Driver, What City?
4. Isis
5. I Wish I Knew
6. Leavin' Trunk
7. Feel So Bad
8. Freddie's Dead
9. You Don't Love Me>Soul Serenade>
10. Rastaman Chant>
11. Joyful Noise
12. 7/4 (Lonely Avenger)
13. Gonna Move*

Any suggestions? Thanks!

foo_tradersfriend

Reply #147
You can place the text file in the same directory as the audio files in which case it should be detected automatically by the Live Show Tagger. If you load the text file manually you need to right click the tracks in the Live Show Tagger window and use the "Assign text file" submenu. Note that you an select all tracks to re-assign them together.

foo_tradersfriend

Reply #148
You can place the text file in the same directory as the audio files in which case it should be detected automatically by the Live Show Tagger. If you load the text file manually you need to right click the tracks in the Live Show Tagger window and use the "Assign text file" submenu. Note that you an select all tracks to re-assign them together.

That would do it! I had no idea about the right click menu. Thank you so much!

foo_tradersfriend

Reply #149
Also, I just found the functionality where you tie in the extra info at the end of the file included via symbols on each track into the comments section of the file. Extremely impressive functionality, and great design and thinking! A truly stellar plugin! Thank you so much for this invaluable tool!