Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: APT-X100 Component for Foobar 2.0 and later (Read 298 times) previous topic - next topic

APT-X100 Component for Foobar 2.0 and later

Greetings - After recently upgrading to Foobar version 2.x  I noted a set of WAV files bring on simply noise.  In comparing the older version 1.6 with 2.12,  I noted I'm missing only 1 component, this is the APT-X100.  These same files play just fine in Foobar 1.61.
The set of files which play in 1.61 are "DTS Coherent Acoustic dependent". Anyone know if there's an APT-X100 64 bit Foobar component that works for DTS Coherent Acoustic dependent in Foobar version 2.0 or later ? Thanks in advance.

Re: APT-X100 Component for Foobar 2.0 and later

Reply #1
If you have a working component for 1.6.x, it's highly likely it works just fine with 32bit 2.1.2. I'm not saying you have to use 32bit if you don't want to but it seems like an easy choice if you really like/need that component.

Reply #2
Description of foo_input_apt-x100
This plugin is capable to decode from *.AUD and *.AUE files of DTS Movie/Trailer Discs.
This plugin is capable to encode to *.AUD files of DTS Movie/Trailer Discs.
You shouldn't need it to decode DTS-wav. fb2k v2 has built-in DTS decoder already. Make sure that option "Enable additional decoding" (File->Preferences->Advanced->Playback->Enable additional decoding) is enabled. Also, remove obsolete foo_input_dts if you have it installed.
But if you sure you really need 64-bit version of foo_input_apt-x100 you can try to contact its author on Sourceforge - https://sourceforge.net/p/dvdadecoder/feature-requests/

Reply #3
If you have a working component for 1.6.x, it's highly likely it works just fine with 32bit 2.1.2. I'm not saying you have to use 32bit if you don't want to but it seems like an easy choice if you really like/need that component.
I've avoided the 32 bit install this time around and went with the 64 bit install thus cannot find a current component for APTX100.. thanks for the insight

Reply #4
I've avoided the 32 bit install this time around and went with the 64 bit install thus cannot find a current component for APTX100.. thanks for the insight
Description of foo_input_apt-x100
This plugin is capable to decode from *.AUD and *.AUE files of DTS Movie/Trailer Discs.
This plugin is capable to encode to *.AUD files of DTS Movie/Trailer Discs.
You shouldn't need it to decode DTS-wav. fb2k v2 has built-in DTS decoder already. Make sure that option "Enable additional decoding" (File->Preferences->Advanced->Playback->Enable additional decoding) is enabled. Also, remove obsolete foo_input_dts if you have it installed.
But if you sure you really need 64-bit version of foo_input_apt-x100 you can try to contact its author on Sourceforge - https://sourceforge.net/p/dvdadecoder/feature-requests/
Thanks, that check box was Enabled. No Foo DTS was loaded in 64 bit 2.12.  I read the ffMPEG now includes DTS as well.  APT-X100 is the only component missing from version 2.12 64 bit when compared with 1.61 (32 bit version).  The solution I just chose was to Convert the non listenable large WAV file to FLAC despite the file incompatibility,  I then loaded the FLAC version instead and this played fine, then removed the single WAV file which used DTS Coherent Acoustics as noted in 1.61 during playback.