Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Lost MP3 Option in EAC? (Read 4412 times) previous topic - next topic

Lost MP3 Option in EAC?

Last time I opened EAC, it asked me if I wanted to use some kind of online lookup tool (don;t recall name) for track info, and I said Yes. Big Mistake. Now the MP3 and FLAC options have vanished. I have made no other changes to program or program directories. My only options now are WAV, CMP, IMG, WRI--and the damned thing cannot find the tracks online. I don't know if this new lookup thingie has killed LAME, or caused some other issue, but would prefer to fix rather than reinstall and lose all settings.

Any help appreciated, thanks!

Lost MP3 Option in EAC?

Reply #1
There is no connection between having EAC get track information from the web and mp3 creation.

What has changed is that you have installed a newer version with where that MP3 button has now been renamed to CMP. This button still performs the exact same function which is to output to a compressed format.  The reason for the change is that not everyone compresses using mp3 and the portion who don't could have only gone down since the days when that button wore a different label.

Lost MP3 Option in EAC?

Reply #2
Thanks, I'll try that out!

So...which one is FLAC?

Lost MP3 Option in EAC?

Reply #3
FLAC is also a compressed format, so you use the same button. If you want to rip to different compressed formats without having to reconfigure them, use the profile function.