Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: LameDropXPd with libsamplerate support? (Read 8368 times) previous topic - next topic

LameDropXPd with libsamplerate support?

I rarely need to resample, but this time I need to. Since oggdropXPd has libsamplerate support, I was wondering why it wasn't implemeted by john33 in LameDropXPd. A license problem?

Can someone recommend a Windows tool (it can be CLI, no problem) for resample WAVs that use libsamplerate?

Thanks.

Reply #2
Thank you lvqcl. I forgot to search the Rarewares' "Others" section. 

Reply #3
SRCdrop works well, but I lose tagging info from my WAV files. If LameDropXPd could rasample automagically it would help me a lot.

Reply #4
It requires me to get off my butt and look at the API in LAME. I can probably just copy the setup, etc,  from oggdropXPd and ignore the LAME resampling, but I just need to make sure I don't create any issues. I'll try taking a look at it next week as I'm away for the weekend. If you don't hear from me by the end of next week, PM me to remind me!!

Reply #6
Just to throw another option into the mix, here are recompiles using the SoX resampler in place of libsamplerate. My understanding is that this library offers at least similar quality output, is smaller and faster, and doesn't have the same licensing issues.

32 bit: http://www.rarewares.org/files/mp3/lamedro...-3.99.5-SoX.zip

64 bit: http://www.rarewares.org/files/mp3/lamedro...99.5-64-SoX.zip

I'd be interested in opinions on this as I am considering using this library in oggdropXPd and also to replace SRCdrop.

TIA

Reply #7
Amazing!

Reply #9
john33, is there a public libsoxr repository? Changelog?

Reply #10
It's here, the same as is in sox git, except:
* packaged as a stand-alone, LGPL library
* options to use an SSE-enabled FFT: PFFFT (BSD; in-tree), or AVFFT (LGPL; external)
* optional libsamplerate-like wrapper (but fixed-rate resampling only)

Reply #12
Just to throw another option into the mix, here are recompiles using the SoX resampler in place of libsamplerate. My understanding is that this library offers at least similar quality output, is smaller and faster, and doesn't have the same licensing issues.

No FLAC input?

It's here, the same as is in sox git, except:
* packaged as a stand-alone, LGPL library
* options to use an SSE-enabled FFT: PFFFT (BSD; in-tree), or AVFFT (LGPL; external)
* optional libsamplerate-like wrapper (but fixed-rate resampling only)

Thanks.