Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Replacing the file 'flac.exe' in the 'encoders' directory (Read 917 times) previous topic - next topic

Replacing the file 'flac.exe' in the 'encoders' directory

Hi there!

I would like to know if I can replace the executable 'flac.exe' in the 'encoders' directory of foobar2000 (portable version) with the one available on the 'RareWares' website.

And, if so, would the substitution be made only by the option 'bundle', which contains the said executable?

Thanks in advance.

Re: Replacing the file 'flac.exe' in the 'encoders' directory

Reply #1
You can do whatever you want with the "encoders" directory. Just don't expect the installer not to wipe it out when it installs its own flavor.

Reply #2
OK, thanks for the info!

What's the difference between the executable (flac.exe) and the 'libFLAC' file?

Reply #3
libFLAC is the encoder and decoder core component of both flac.exe, and foobar2000's built-in decoder. You only need to supply command line encoders for foobar's converter.

Reply #4
Thank you very much!

Reply #5
Just one more question, please:

What is 'metaflac.exe', when and where I must use it?

Sorry and thanks in advance.

Reply #7
OK, thank you very much!