Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Sandisk Clip Zip (Read 4567 times) previous topic - next topic

Sandisk Clip Zip

Reply #1
i doubt it's truly gapless. the older clip+ was advertised as gapless but it's not. apart from the screen, the hardware inside is pretty much the same.

having said that, you could rockbox it (3rd party firmware) and that's perfectly gapless regardless of format - assuming your files are properly encoded. you can expect around 15 hours battery life.

Sandisk Clip Zip

Reply #3
i have lame encoded mp3s (mostly v0 or v2) which playback perfectly in rockbox and foobar2000 but there is a very noticeable glitch in playback with the original firmware. it's dance music ripped from a continuous mix CD and it's easy to spot the transitions.

i've also seen many similar complaints on the anythingbutipod forums.

Sandisk Clip Zip

Reply #4
Same here. I own the Clip+ and noticed the playback is not truly gapless (as on the second side of Abbey Road). I've since Rockboxed it.
Music washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life.

Sandisk Clip Zip

Reply #5
the older clip+ was advertised as gapless but it's not.

Not? Can you elaborate as I have the Clip+ with the stock firmware and at least with LAME MP3s (96 kbps CBR, mono), I never noticed anything bad?

http://forums.sandisk.com/t5/Clip-Clip/It-...ess/td-p/212123

Obviously I'm biased, but I recommend rockbox for the Zip and earlier clip models.  Better battery life, less buggy AAC decoder, and sample accurate gapless decoding.