Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Can't reset my password (Read 2269 times) previous topic - next topic

Can't reset my password

Hi,
I have an old account (registered in 2002!) that I recently tried logging into.  As I hadn't posted for a couple of years, I was told my password was invalid.  OK... so I tried to reset my password, but the site claims there is no email address associated with my account.  In the list of members I can still see my previous username though.  Rather than use this temp. account, I would love to continue participating as my former self :))
Can one of the admins help me with this?
Thanks in advance!

Re: Can't reset my password

Reply #1
If you PM me with your old account name, I'll look into it.

Reply #2
If you PM me with your old account name, I'll look into it.
Therein lies the catch 22. Unless one can log in, how does one PM/contact admin?
Hence my suggestion in the other thread for a forum temp email account....

cheers,

AJ
Loudspeaker manufacturer

Reply #3
They already have logged in, with a brand new account.

Reply #4
Same thing happened to me, but I last posted a month ago.  Maybe my email address was out of date?  I'll send a PM now.

Reply #5
I have switched your original account to the new address, and the old one to your posted alias.

Reply #6
Hi. I have a similar issue. The password reset option sent something to the registered email address, but the email address used is no longer valid (an old ISP account). Can the password be reset by giving identifying info?