Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Kenwood USB audio won't play certain tracks? (Read 4958 times) previous topic - next topic

Kenwood USB audio won't play certain tracks?

Hi there first time poster here.

My 2002 Hyundai Tiburon that I bought second hand (first car) about 2 months ago has an aftermarket Kenwood head unit installed.

I believe it's an older version of this one but looks pretty much identical http://www.performancecaraudio.com.au/prod...d-receiver.html

My problem is that when I use the USB mode to play songs through my iPod (1st gen nano) it will only play songs that I have torrented or downloaded from youtube (yes I know that's illegal but just forgive me for now :s). Any albums or individual songs that I have actually bought will not be played.

Anyone know a reason for this??

Cheers

Reply #1
Where did you get the songs that you bought? Did you rip them from CDs? Did you buy them on the iTunes Music Store, and if so, when did you buy them (did they come with DRM)?
What format are your pirated files and your bought music files? Maybe the former are MP3s and the latter are AAC (they would be if they come from the iTMS), and your unit doesn't support AAC.

Edit: the manual says it only supports MP3 and WMA.

Reply #2
Where did you get the songs that you bought? Did you rip them from CDs? Did you buy them on the iTunes Music Store, and if so, when did you buy them (did they come with DRM)?
What format are your pirated files and your bought music files? Maybe the former are MP3s and the latter are AAC (they would be if they come from the iTMS), and your unit doesn't support AAC.

Some albums are from iTMS others are imported into iTunes off a physical CD. So you're saying that i need to convert them to mp3 format?

Reply #3
So you're saying that i need to convert them to mp3 format?

I edited my post: your unit doesn't support AAC. So yeah, you're gonna have to convert them to MP3, which will result in some degradation in sound quality (that might or might not be audible). Rip directly from CDs if you can, preferably into a lossless format so that you won't have to rip them again, from which you create MP3s (or whatever format you like later on).

Reply #4
So you're saying that i need to convert them to mp3 format?

I edited my post: your unit doesn't support AAC. So yeah, you're gonna have to convert them to MP3, which will result in some degradation in sound quality (that might or might not be audible). Rip directly from CDs if you can, preferably into a lossless format so that you won't have to rip them again, from which you create MP3s (or whatever format you like later on).

Yep just finished converting it all. Thanks for the help. Can't really tell a difference in the sound quality